Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen patches & progesterone gel  (Read 1054 times)

LibbyOsb

• First Flush
Oestrogen patches & progesterone gel
« on: July 20, 2019, 08:29:44 PM »

Hi
I'm so confused. I'm on Everol Conti patches but have bleeding. It's been investigated and nothing sinister. Suggestion is I need to have a coil fitted and patches. Is it possible to have oestrogen patches and a progesterone gel so I can up it or reduce if needed? I don't like the thought of a coil. I'm nearly 3 years postmenopausal. Thanks in advance.

Dotty

Re: Oestrogen patches & progesterone gel
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 05:16:46 AM »

Hi there isn't a progesterone gel. You would need to take Utrogestan or Provera as the progesterone with Oestrogen gel or patches x

Dancinggirl

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 08:00:48 AM »

I had a Mirena in post meno and it was the best option I tried. A bit of a hit of progesterone at first but settled within a few weeks and then had minimal hassle.  With the Mirena you can then adjust the amount of oestrogen you need knowing the womb is protected and there is far less likelihood of bleeding. 
Utrogestan, as Dotty suggested, can be good for some women but I found it made me spaced out when used continuously. Utrogestan can be used vaginally to reduce side effects but you wouldn't want to use it vaginally every day - most women will stick to a sequential regime when using Utrogestan and put up with a withdrawal bleed - it's worth trying Utrogestan orally on a conti basis to see if it suits you.  There is also Provera which many women also like. Look under TREATMENTS on this site, print out the details to show your GP.  DG x

jaycee

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2019, 08:10:58 AM »

I have recently started on Evoral Conti, and i was very worried as i had read about some women getting bleeds on it, but i have been ok, just got the runs for a few days, but those i read about were fine, and apparently it is a side effect for some,but settles down

LibbyOsb

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2019, 10:02:25 AM »

Hi there isn't a progesterone gel. You would need to take Utrogestan or Provera as the progesterone with Oestrogen gel or patches x