Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hypertension v HRT  (Read 956 times)

Curlers

Hypertension v HRT
« on: July 16, 2019, 06:10:00 PM »

Hello
This is the first time I have ever posted anything on an Internet forum. I'm doing it out of desperation. I am 59 years old and had been taking oral HRT for a couple of years. I was told by my GP to stop taking it as my blood pressure had become too high. I was prescribed and am still taking 7.5mg of Ramipril. Since coming off the HRT a few years ago my quality of life has decreased to the extent that I don't sleep well due to hot flushes. I suffer from stress and anxiety with regular panic attacks especially at work. I have a very busy, stressful job and am finding it and every day difficult to cope with, I am exhausted all the time and have no energy. I've been back to my GP several times to request transdermal HRT but have been constantly refused. I recently met someone at work who is a clinician and has turned all of this upside down showing me evidence to the contrary in the BMS handbook and pointing me to this forum. I'm going back to my GP tomorrow to request the said HRT. What do people think? Is anyone else in a similar predicament.? Thank you for listening

Tinkerbell

Re: Hypertension v HRT
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 07:23:36 PM »

If your BP is controlled ion medication you can safely be prescribed transdermal HRT, can you see a different GP?

Anjia

Re: Hypertension v HRT
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 09:27:04 PM »

I have been taking blood pressure meds the whole time I have been on hrt which is six years I now have an oestrogen patch, its fine my gp just likes to take my blood pressure every few months.