Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 & Itching  (Read 1426 times)

JCH187

Femoston 1/10 & Itching
« on: June 19, 2019, 09:16:45 AM »

Hi

I started Femoston 1/10 a month ago (3 days into a new month) and seem to be experiencing the most horrendous itching, especially on my head and around my tummy. No rash, no swelling just itching like crazy, my head is quite sore now :(

I know it's a side effect but is it likely to settle in time or do I need to switch to something else? I've booked a phone appointment with my GP but can't speak to her until the end of next week.

I have quite sensitive skin anyway, have to be careful with what products I use, washing powders etc. But this has definitely started since taking the HRT.

I've resorted to antihistamines today and it's taken the edge off it a little but not stopped it.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Femoston 1/10 & Itching
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 11:30:14 AM »

HORMONES!  does it state any side-effect on the leaflet in the box?

As oestrogen levels drop the sky may become dry = itching.

jaycee

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 11:39:26 AM »

I had very itchy scalp and itchy back for a while, but now losing my hair, are there any side effects concerning itching,especially scalp, maybe not the same in your case, but i would check
Not with Femosten by the way

JCH187

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 01:32:42 PM »

It does mention it as a side effect on the leaflet but I'm not sure whether that means I need to change to something else or not.

JCH187

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:39:56 PM »

I should also add that I didn't have this issue before I started the HRT and now I've started HRT my hormone levels shouldn't be dropping.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 05:31:28 PM »

Your Hormones will be up and down with or without HRT - have you tried a soothing cream on the itchy areas?  It might help take the edge of it.  I itch in different places quite often ........

JCH187

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 11:05:18 AM »

The worse of it is in my hair so cream not an option.

Sgtvhilts

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 08:40:11 PM »

Hi,
I have been itching like a fleabag for years......
I am on femeston 1mg and a few other bits and pieces. TBH no matter how high i've Gone the itching doesn't really go away. People have been telling me for years to moisturise, but of course I don't. Until last week when I had a free hand/arm massage at a shop called Lush, well the itching on my arms stopped after that, boy was it greasy, but smelled nice. It was some kind of soap like bar that you rub over and it melts as you rub. I am not a potions girl , but this did do the trick, so I guess I will be doing it more often.