Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Holiday anxiety  (Read 7915 times)

Kazbear

Re: Holiday anxiety
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »

Hi all, it's been a very long time since I posted on here, but I can so relate to this thread.  We're off for a 2 week cruise on Sunday.  Sounds fabulous doesn't it, and we've been looking forward to it for such a long time.

However, my sciatica flared up again last week, added to which I had tingling round the genitals, especially when I sat down.  Needless to say that sent me into a flat spin, convinced that I had everything known to man, and that I'd either end up in a wheelchair or in a box.  Holiday thoughts went completely out of the window.  I finally saw my GP yesterday and husband came along with me for moral support.  He did all the tests, listened to my symptoms, and said he was not hearing anything that concerned him in any way.  He has referred me for an MRI as he says mainly that will put my mind at rest, and then we can look at how we treat the sciatica.  It didn't quite calm me down, and husband and I had some quite tense words last night, but I had a good night's sleep and feel a bit better today.

I was thinking that I'd end up in hospital in Spain or France (where we are going) and was even looking up the facilities for the medical centre on the ship.  I swear to god sometimes I think I'm going mad.  I just can't believe how anxiety rears up and just completely floors you but it always seems to happen when I am looking forward to something, particularly holidays.  Many's the time we've gone to our favourite place in Greece, and I've spent the first few days wishing I could go home.

The menopause, and post-menopause, is just pants sometimes  :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2019, 01:43:12 PM »

OK turn this on it's head!  You have looked at the medical facilities on board.  You are going to Europe and presumably have the green card/equivalent to carry with you?  Taking appropriate pain relief with you or buying when you get to the Pharmacy on the ship?

So get that case packed!  I have had sciatica for a few days, can't fathom why ........... a gentle walk and a bath have sorted symptoms thus far.

I want to go on holiday, come home quick so that I know if I've had a good time  ::)

lollipop

« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2019, 08:39:48 AM »

Morning ladies finally got the weekend away with the hubby was lovely strolled round in the goergous sunshine few drinks lovely meal,woke up yesterday morning with such anxiety i wanted to cry the guest house did a beautiful full English breakfast n all i could was look at it n think omg how am i going to get through that my throat felt like it was closing over,hubby had demolished his before i buttered the toast lol,n low and behold it had gone by midday 😡😡 i love my food but it was a horrible few hours xx

CLKD

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2019, 11:57:15 AM »

I can't face food, that's what goes immediately when anxiety hits.

lollipop

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2019, 01:05:55 PM »

I know its bloody annoying cuz its all in our heads and we know it just cant help ourselves getting worked up gotta stop soon had enough of it taking over my happiness xx

CLKD

« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2019, 01:39:31 PM »

Not in my head, it begins in my gut: queasy, thighs go weak followed by calves and then I'm floored.  A Psychologist once tried to insist that I had to think of problems in order for anxiety to begin.  Nope.  I walked from the session and never went back.

lollipop

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2019, 03:10:41 PM »

Actually clkd thats a coincidence cus thats what i feel like i am gonna collapse or something so then ya races on all sort of 💩happens lol xx

CLKD

« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2019, 10:52:03 AM »

Anxious about tomorrow - bugga  :'(

lollipop

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2019, 07:40:11 AM »

Not being nosey just concerned whats happening today clkd xx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]