Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Holiday anxiety  (Read 8063 times)

lollipop

Holiday anxiety
« on: June 18, 2019, 09:18:57 AM »

Morning ladies i am sitting in beautiful san Antonio bay ibiza and for the last 2 days i ave felt fearful that something bad is gonna happen its making me physically sick i am with all my family daughters and grandchildren i wish i could snap out of it xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: Holiday anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:15:50 AM »

Hi Lollipop
The first thing is, well done, for getting there. Also, whatever anyone says to you, it isn't going to stop the anxiety, so, take deep breaths, hold, let go.... distraction is good, so every time you feel something starting up, get up move around, try to stay as calm as you can, I find the more I fight it, the less it gets, if I give in to it, I wouldn't leave the house, so, I keep fighting, it seems to completely overwhelm me if I don't fight.
Nothing bad is going to happen, all your family are there, maybe, you should try and get five minutes away, so you can deep breathe, or gather yourself together, I do that, I give myself a good talking to, shake myself down, and carry on.
It's not easy, and you have my complete sympathy, wishing you well,lollipop, and hope you have a great time....xxxx

« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 11:18:30 AM by jillydoll »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:46:41 AM »

What's the worst that might happen?  For me it's getting ill or DH getting ill  :'( - I don't cope at home leave alone when away  :-\

...... and breath!  Do you hide your feelings?  I tend to.

I always want to rush through the holiday and get home, so that I know if I've got through without a panic attack, if that makes sense  :-\

However: you have packed cases, got on a 'plane, not lost your Passport and arrived!  It isn't easy.   I envy anyone who can do stuff without apparent problems.

Karen max

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 04:17:08 PM »

Hi
I was same last week in the beautiful Canary Islands I was looking for nearest hospital incase I needed to go to A& E , it's bloody crazy
I'm half way through my second week and seem to be ok now tho anxiety can peak at any time

Hope your anxiety settles down and you can enjoy rest of your hols

Kaz x

Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 04:33:16 PM »

Hello lollipop.

I completely sympathise, this type of anxiety is horrible. I tell people that it may not be rational but it certainly feels real.

I hope that it's a comfort to know that other women feel the same so you are not alone.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help but hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Take care and sending hugs.

K.

Jules53

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 06:13:03 PM »

Hi Lollipop

I just wanted to say well done for going so try and relax now you're there. I say this because I should have gone to Corfu last week with my husband last week for 2 weeks. Instead, we are at home in rainy England.

I had a meltdown (breakdown) with my anxiety about 8 weeks ago so we cancelled it about 5 weeks ago. I really wish I was there now but at the time we cancelled it I could not have gone. We also lost the majority of the money😢.

Anyway, you are there with all your family, so as the others have said, take some deep breaths and use distraction techniques. Have a lovely holiday- you are certainly in the best place for the weather.

Jules x

lollipop

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »

Thankyou for the replies yeah i was ok the first couple of days then wham it hit me i have been having a heart attack since Monday 🙄lol we are home Friday so not long now what are we like running back to our work we are literally mad🤪🤪xx

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 12:19:30 PM »

Do U feel better the closer you get to returning home?

lollipop

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 12:35:38 PM »

Yeah i do tbh i hate the way ut makes u feel i ave been period free for 6 yeats i thought it would be getting easier i had a couple of years feeling okish perhaps its old age as well lol 55 on Monday haven't had anything medicinal wise just tried to cope xx

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 01:08:45 PM »

Was that your birthday last week or next Monday -  :hbday:

lollipop

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 03:35:08 PM »

Ah thankyou its monday coming xx

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 04:44:58 PM »

Lollipop == :hbday:  for Monday.....💐

Save me a slice cake.....🎂🍰

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »

... and ice-cream?

lollipop

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 09:39:06 AM »

Thankyou ladies xx

lollipop

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 11:01:56 AM »

I know its naughty to Google but i did :'(and there is a thing called morning anxiety due to hormones perhaps its that thats happening to me n i aint dying lol my eldest daughter is a cardiac sister and she isn't concerned about it she just tells me to stop getting so worked up about it xx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4