Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Holiday anxiety  (Read 8101 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Holiday anxiety
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 01:25:25 PM »

Easy for her to say that  >:(

Cortisol may well be the culprit.  My anxiety is worse in the mornings, as I work through any daily commitments, by evening I'm a different person  :-\

lollipop

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 02:41:27 PM »

Well i am home  :'(still feeling a bit jittery but that could be the journey i say that to my daughter wait till its her turn x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 03:45:53 PM »

Better 2-day? Laundry done?

lollipop

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 07:24:52 AM »

Morning ladies been back a few days and feel absolutely fine few aches n pains n palps but nothing like holiday how can we let this thing ruin our quality time,my other half went and book our annual xmas holiday just me and him n i cant get excited thinking what if it all happens again,i know 100% nothing is gonna but that blooming anxiety over rides how is everyone else this fine morning xxx

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 08:00:44 AM »

It doesn't help me knowing that others suffer too.  It's a sudden physical jolt for me, can be OK then wham.  Holidays make it worse  :-\

lollipop

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 08:36:19 AM »

So right clkd we were supposed to be going a nice wedding on Sat but i ave talked my oh out of going we are just going for food and a few drinks for my belated birthday treat xx

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 01:06:15 PM »

recently I didn't go to a funeral but met up after - worked ;-)

lollipop

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 06:33:15 PM »

Lol sounds like me rosie100 i would of gone back packing up the amazon we used to go to goa its an amazing place but now I think its so far from home its magical i used to say i would live there in a shack on tbe beach,but now the idea is a long distant memory  :'(xx

Spangles

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 06:24:56 PM »

I got back from Ibiza on Friday, only went mon-fri but the anxiety kicked in on the weds! Although I'm home now I'm not 100% but better than I was. The only thing is, it worries me about future holidays in case it happens again! Anxiety is the worse, you aren't alone with this and holidays.
xXx

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 07:06:00 PM »

Probably worrying about the return journey ?   >:(

Did you manage to enjoy any of it?

paisley

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2019, 08:25:05 AM »

I can so so relate to this.
Every time my husband books a holiday I panic the week before & going to the airport is awful. I dread it. I feel ungrateful to feel like this but can't help it. It just seems one big stress. I know it is the menopause because I used to absolutely love going away & flying.
Xx

Spangles

« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2019, 07:21:35 PM »

I always wobble after we book and my anxiety ramps up big time, I look for excuses not to go, then I calm down and it starts again a couple of weeks before we go! CLKD, despite the anxiety I really loved it, just did nothing except for going out to eat xXx

Lilyloos

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2019, 05:45:52 AM »

Morning everyone! Currently in Turkey and anxiety is horrendous  :'( Just want to go home, like you all, used to go anywhere no fear, this spoils your quality time, it's the pits .... Home on Sunday so hanging on in there.... may start packing this evening to help me feel better  ??? Silly thing is evenings I feel calmer.  Going to have to go back on SSRIs to cut through this adrenaline and cortisol.  Not worth this.  Hope you all have a good day ladies xx

Kathleen

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2019, 07:22:29 AM »

Hello ladies

I can so relate to all of this! Holidays and any special occasion puts me into an anxious spin. I never used to be this way and when I recall the places I've been and the adventures I've had I know this is the menopause. It saddens me to think how difficult it's become to do even simple things.

Lilyloos -  I often feel calmer in the evenings even at home. Yesterday for example I was okay and energetic in the morning, totally crashed in the afternoon feeling tired and wired but in the evening I was much better and calmer. It's exhausting.

Take care everyone.

K.

lollipop

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2019, 07:40:04 AM »

Well it makes me feel better cuz i aint alone it really does my head in knowing that it rules our life,i ave been waking up the last week with what feels like morning sickness not being sick and very jittery and today the hottest day ever i have got 8 kids to look after pool is already filling up god help me 🙏xx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4