Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Worried sick now  (Read 7810 times)

allie007

Worried sick now
« on: June 05, 2019, 08:11:19 PM »

I did one of those home blood tests from Thriva and theyve just emailed my results saying that my oestradiol level is 4824 pmol!!!!
Could anyone advise me what to do? Ive just ripped off my patch in a panic.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 09:04:52 PM by allie007 »

allie007

Re: Worried sick now
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 08:18:24 PM »

Also :

FSH  11. 9  (previously 60)
LH   10.8
Shbg  48
Testosterone 0.77

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 06:41:51 AM »

Take the results to your Practice Nurse or local Pharmacist? 

NorthArm

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 06:48:09 AM »

Hi allie07

Firstly, don't panic - even on hrt, hormones can dip and swing during peri.

Secondly, how accurate is the test? You've bought it online, so it could be dodgey?

And thirdly, just ripping yourself off oestrogen like that may only make you feel worse.

How about stopping the gel for a few days whilst you go and see your gp? She may well order another round of bloods to verify that result you've been given.

Please go and see your gp- and don't do anything rash meanwhile. Good luck with it all xx

allie007

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:10:45 AM »

Im in bits. Ive camcelled work amd going this morning. My GP has an open surgery in the mornings thank goodness.
They seem like a reputable company, good reviews.
I just don't understand. How can my FSH go from 60 to 11.9? Is that normal??
I feel fine on the dose im on, my mood is ok, im sleeping better. On lower doses im not. 

allie007

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 07:44:21 AM »

The only thing i would say is my boobs feel a bit swollen but they have gone from a D to an E. Ive gained a bit of weight on my tum, bum and hips too. My hair is shedding slightly. It did last year when i was using the gel on its own and stopped when i changed to patches. Started again bit not as bad in the last few months.
I feel calmer now talking to you all so thank you xxxxx
Am in the waiting room of GP now xx

allie007

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 08:13:52 AM »

Thank you all. He said not to read anything into it. He said they go on symptoms not blood results as they are unreliable and if my symptoms are managed by my current dose carry on. Ive been referred to a gyni clinic so waiting for an appointment but he said for peace of mind if i can afford it go private for a consultation xx

allie007

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 08:40:47 AM »

I feel confused. If my level is genuinely that high then surely that is dangerous?xx
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:47:24 AM by allie007 »

allie007

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 08:58:09 AM »

I did it Monday morning. Patch change morning. Cant remember if i did it before or after i changed it but it would have been within an hour. The pump.of esteogel would have been the evening before. Had to fast for 8 hrs before doing the test which was blood. X

Donna-paul

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 10:50:33 AM »

I just say I did Thriva test recently and it said I had high cholesterol and Vit D and lots of other things high. I went to the drs he re did it and all came back normal had print out to see. So I'm doubtful I did mine finger **** so I think that way not accurate. I see your Dr to get his opinion mine was good.

allie007

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 11:09:51 AM »

Thats good to know Donna paul 😁
Doctor didn't offer to do any more tests.
I don't feel wired or bloated. A bit 'puffy'. I feel exactly as I did when on a combined contraceptive pill xx

allie007

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 11:47:10 AM »

Thank you Birdy, i really appreciate everyones support. Doesn't help when the results say that high result can be an indication of ovarian cancer. Ive had terrible anxiety over my health for the last year or so. Never felt ill before menopause xx

allie007

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 12:04:49 PM »

He suggested going private and he said he doubted they would do a blood test.

allie007

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 12:25:57 PM »

I will have a look at that, thank you x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 09:02:35 PM »

Hormone blood tests are reliably un-reliable which is why many practitioners don't do them.  Because hormones rise and fall throughout 24/hours when would 1 need to do tests and how many: after eating/before? with HRT/not.

Most Gynaes go on symptoms.  Because these too alter every few hours.  Maybe keep a mood/food/symptom diary?  The NHS is strapped enough without doing un-necessary blood tests which may/not show 'good' results. 

Usually paying for 'tests' aren't worth it.  It would never cross my mind!   VitD levels can be shown on blood tests available on the NHS  :-\.  There isn't any other way of finding out if levels are correct or low  ::).

HRT needs to be given a chance - 3/4 months - the body doesn't get where it is suddenly as a rule so it stands to reason that HRT uptake will take time.

You can't remember whether you did the test prior or after  :-\.  Stick to a regime or your body won't know if you are flying a bike or riding a kite  ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5