Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BBC breakfast menopause week next week  (Read 5170 times)

Yorkshire Girl

Re: BBC breakfast menopause week next week
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2019, 07:42:15 PM »

Excellent letter on louise Newsons  twitter feed today from somebody who has experienced what many of the members of this forum have when trying to access appropriate care for menopausal symptoms from their gp
Just seen on Twitter that they are going to put all the segments together on BBC iPlayer so by the end of the week if you missed some of the segments they will all be available to watch. Brilliant
To see the entire week. Go to BBC breakfast iPlayer. Select the clips tab and they will be there. Today's coverage is really good. Covering a wide range of topics including starting the morning at a little after 6:00 am talking about testosterone

Can't find this to watch, don't seem to find a clips tab! Can anyone help?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 07:45:12 PM by Yorkshire Girl »

Jenna

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2019, 10:22:00 PM »

:thankyou:

vaginas still taboo then  :-\

Robin

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2019, 08:18:03 AM »

Brilliant to see women with learning disabilities and the difficulties they face during menopause being covered this morning. The BBC have done a fantastic job covering many aspects of menopause this week.

Ladybt28

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2019, 12:15:46 PM »

..except for Jenny Éclair and her "bothersome vagina" in the ad for vagisan moist cream.  That's about as far as it goes ;D and I haven't seen that for a while now?...maybe some delicate flower (a bloke probably) has complained???  My husband's eyebrows reached the back of his head the first time it came on...it was hilarious..."what did she just say" he said trying to retrieve his eyebrows!  ;D ;D ;D  Wouldn't it have been great if they could have taken some passeges from Mary's book!

Robin

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2019, 12:34:22 PM »

Absolutely it would!

Bothersome doesn't adequately describe my vagina! My description would be rather more colourful and contain expletives! His eyebrows may be irretrievable if heard it ;D

« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 12:42:33 PM by Robin »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2019, 04:05:33 PM »

I wonder if the British Menopause Society etc. will take issue with the Sat Telegraph's comment"

HRT has been linked to an increased risk of breast cancer in some groups ........  :bang: :bang: :cuss:
Pages: 1 2 [3]