Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: BBC breakfast menopause week next week  (Read 5069 times)

JaneinPen

BBC breakfast menopause week next week
« on: May 10, 2019, 08:24:40 AM »

Did you see the bit on BBC breakfast this morning about the menopause? Every day next week they will be discussing it. I felt sorry for the 68 year old who has been menopausal since she turned 40. She is still smiling though and I know a lot of us on here started in our early forties too. I hope they do it justice next week :thankyou: BBC :ola:

Katejo

Re: BBC breakfast menopause week next week
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 01:35:48 PM »

I am away on holiday all next week so will unfortunately miss it all. Look forward to hearing what you think of it.

PeriWhat?!

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 02:03:03 PM »

It's good that it is starting to be talked about. A bit more info here: https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1126843097802055680

JaneinPen

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 03:47:13 PM »

It's good that it is starting to be talked about. A bit more info here: https://twitter.com/BBCBreakfast/status/1126843097802055680
thanks for the link. I hope it is going to be informative. Anything that brings us into the light is a good thing

Robin

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 08:20:31 AM »

wow this menopause discussion looks like it's going to be balanced and informative. I thought after the first few minutes it was only going to show a glossy positive image of menopause not the reality of the situation for many women but I have to say I'm impressed so far. Really pleased to see the presenters discussing their own experiences.

:cancan:

Robin

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2019, 11:06:37 AM »

I wasn't sure about them saying we get through it though. It made it seem as though we will all come out the other side of the menopause. I think it might be a case of some women do but many don't and continue to need HRT long term.  In the same way that a certain percentage don't have symptoms, others have some and the unlucky ones like many of us here are very badly affected.

JaneinPen

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 11:18:54 AM »

Have to say I was impressed. Particularly with Professor Lesley Regan who is championing getting the NHS website up to date. She did say she hopes it will be within the year. I taped it from when it started so that I could wind forward.  Glad I did because she was on around 7:15. It certainly looks like they are going to cover a lot of stuff

Robin

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »

I did the same as it was spread across the whole programme. It's well worth watching and I feel more hopeful that things might change. Just hope GPs will become more open to prescribing HRT

Robin

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 11:42:41 AM »

Excellent letter on louise Newsons  twitter feed today from somebody who has experienced what many of the members of this forum have when trying to access appropriate care for menopausal symptoms from their gp

JaneinPen

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 01:10:02 PM »

Excellent letter on louise Newsons  twitter feed today from somebody who has experienced what many of the members of this forum have when trying to access appropriate care for menopausal symptoms from their gp
Just seen on Twitter that they are going to put all the segments together on BBC iPlayer so by the end of the week if you missed some of the segments they will all be available to watch. Brilliant

Robin

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 01:21:47 PM »

Excellent  idea

Kathleen

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 04:53:29 PM »

Hello Ladies.

I will be watching this on catch up. Some years ago Lesley Regan did a programme on ageing and she found that Boots Protect and Perfect moisturiser was very effective and consequently the store was swamped by customers wanting the product and they quickly sold out. Does anyone remember that? I also recall her mentioning that she had been treated for breast cancer. Good to see she is still active and working to help women.

Take care everyone.

K.

jaycee

MENOPAUSE DISCUSSION bbc1
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 08:02:56 AM »

On now BBC1

Diamonds and pearls 53

Re: MENOPAUSE DISCUSSION bbc1
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2019, 08:11:01 AM »

Good to see Long overdue!

Robin