Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Increasing from 200 patch  (Read 554 times)

Tc

Increasing from 200 patch
« on: June 14, 2019, 10:36:21 AM »

I wont go into my non absorption issue again cos I think I've banged on about it enough!! But i   I'm so fed up with my lack of response to 200 patches and this  prolonged lack of eastrogen is
Killing me.even when I feel a bit brighter mentally my body is drained.

Ive come to realise the anxiety side of things is complicated and maybe not all down to hormones, although I think the depressive episodes and mood swings are but the physical symptoms like tiredness, muscle weakness, sleep problems  and breathlessness must be.especially since some  other possible causes have recently been ruled out with tests and I'm taking b12. .

So yesterday I struck on another half patch. Thats 250 in total.which I intend to trial. I thought maybe it will be the extra bit that tips the scale but..

Am I being irresponsible experiment ting like this?

Has anyone else ever gone that high?

Any thoughts/experience greatly appreciated.
X

Hurdity

Re: Increasing from 200 patch
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:32:48 PM »

Hi Tc - As you are in surgical menopause but still with a womb, it is especially difficult. Racjen is in the same situation. In your case blood tests and the bleeding have shown you are not absorbing the oestrogen, so it is not actually high for you even though it is classed as high dose. Also your starting point is lower than most becase you no longer have any ovarian production whatsoever, so are relying on adrenal production of oestrogen and testosterone from androgen precursors, and then what you are topping up with exogenously. It will be very different from those of us who still have our ovaries even thoiugh menopausal - as they continue to secrete/produce some hormones for some years albeit at low levels.

As long as you are being monitored then it should be fine but I can't remember if you have tried the gel? Or both at once as some members have been prescribed ie a combo of oestrogen products?

I hope you manage to get a relief from symptoms and decent serum levels soon...

Hurdity x

Tc

Re: Increasing from 200 patch
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 08:47:28 PM »

Thanks so much hurdity.
I  didnt absorb the gel on 4/5 pumps.
And yes due to no ovaries I guess it's a situation of replacing rather than supplementing.
My GP said she Hope's  c and w might look at adrenal function. Removing ovaries must put adrenals under stress.
Thank you as always for your considered reply.
X