Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Delaying period on femoston 2/10  (Read 2609 times)

mb

Delaying period on femoston 2/10
« on: May 01, 2019, 04:11:27 PM »

Hi I have had conflicting advice from 2 different doctors on how to delay my period whilst on femoston 2/10.  One said take double the first phase ie. start a new pack, take for a fortnight then start another new pack. She said that this short period of unopposed eostrogen should be fine. The other one said the opposite - go straight from phase 2 tabs onto another load of phase 2 tabs - which one is right?

mb

Re: Delaying period on femoston 2/10
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 08:48:13 AM »

Hi - anyone got any ideas on this one yet?

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 09:36:31 AM »

I didn't think that you could delay periods on hrt. Don't think it works the same as the combined pill, but I might be wrong x

Jube

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 09:24:43 PM »

Hi I have had conflicting advice from 2 different doctors on how to delay my period whilst on femoston 2/10.  One said take double the first phase ie. start a new pack, take for a fortnight then start another new pack. She said that this short period of unopposed eostrogen should be fine. The other one said the opposite - go straight from phase 2 tabs onto another load of phase 2 tabs - which one is right?

Did you ever find out the answer ? I'd like to know too !

Emerald2017

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 10:57:03 PM »

I am on Femoston 2/10 too, I think the first opinion is right. You can take the pills with estrogen without dydrogesterone continuously.

Hurdity

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 07:31:36 AM »

This won't be guaranteed to work (taking oestrogen only for 4 weeks) because Femoston does not suppress the cycle and therefore if you ovulate anyway - you may well get a period at the normal time. It really depends where you are in your natural menopause - if you are very late peri (if you know this?) then the oestrogen only should work as you may well not ovulate ( but never say never) - equally if you are very late peri you could take the combi part continuously - but still may get breakthrough bleeding if you ovulate.

Hurdity x