Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Increased hrt dose??  (Read 771 times)

Clarekins

Increased hrt dose??
« on: April 26, 2019, 02:20:37 AM »

Hi ladies

I had a hysterectomy and bso Jan 12th and started evorel 50 patches within a few days. Al fine until mid March and started getting severe muscle joint pains, insomnia, irritable etc, saw nurse at gp and patch dose increased to 75. It improved for a while.
In the last week I've started with the pains again ( feels like I'm getting the flu most days) irritable, night sweats and insomnia, hence writing this at 3am :'(.

I was told to wait 3 months before returning to nurse for review. Which would mean waiting until June! Don't think I can wait that long.
I just wondered if your body gets used to the hrt over time, I can't understand how it improved for a few weeks and now back to being symptomatic again.

Anyone else have this experience?

Thankyou for any advice!

Need to sleep :(

Perinowpost

Re: Increased hrt dose??
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 06:51:51 AM »

I think it's probably your own oestrogen levels which are still bottoming out after your op. I know my sister in law had the same operation as you and she was fine for a few months, then suddenly she hit a wall and has now started hrt. Sorry I can't be of more help but hoping you feel better soon x

Clarekins

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »

Thank you so much for your reply.   :thankyou:
I know it's a bit of a shock for my body and it will take time to adjust but just wondered if anyone had felt like the hrt had stopped working. X

Anjia

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 06:07:36 AM »

Hi this happened to me after my hysterectomy and still after six years I have weeks where my hormones are all over the place ! Don't worry you will settle it takes time I use the estrodot patch I have been having a few tough weeks so tried gel but it wasn't for me I think I worried about hrt after my op which made things worse looking back.