Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Climate Change Protests  (Read 1401 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Climate Change Protests
« on: April 22, 2019, 12:37:45 PM »

:bang:  Emma Thompson flies in from the US to add her voice - is that particularly Green then?

Protestors - spent the night in their CARS  :-\ ........ now forgive me, I haven't seen any cars being pushed to the venue, have you?

Am I missing something here ..........  :neutral: ......... no organisation should be allowed to bring a City to a halt particularly at Easter.  It will ruin the tourist trade and are they planning on continuing until the Marathon next week  ???  Why hasn't the Riot Act been read?  It will also put lives at risk should Emergency Services need to get through in a hurry due to an incident as we have already seen in the Capital and seen yesterday in Sri Lanka. 

littleminnie

Re: Climate Change Protests
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »

And Emma Thompson won't have flown economy.

Two hoots

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 01:24:57 PM »

I wondered  why they did it when parliament are on holidays ? If you want to influence politicians make sure they present   ::)

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2019, 02:26:31 PM »

;D ...........

Shadyglade

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 09:52:46 AM »

Just spotted this thread. ::)

Although I agree with the main principals of their argument their form of protest stinks.  Apparently they left lots of rubbish behind, when they left, including lots of plastic.  >:(

I appreciate the climate is in crisis but individual people have their own crises.  I would hate to be someone who was held up going to see a dying relative or off to cancer treatment.  I think some of them were there just for the fun of causing trouble.

They should use their energy for more productive and less disruptive methods.     

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 11:26:41 AM »

They went: probably 'quietly' with advice from the Police that should they hold up security etc. prior to the Marathon ............  they had cars, small fires, earth strewn on the pavements to 'grow' things in, a small fun-fair ....... bet none of them walked there and back! and as for children missing school how does that work  :-\ - did the Schools get fined for allowing them time out?