Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: News on Shortages of FEMSEVEN & ELLESTE range.  (Read 2615 times)

PeriPagan

News on Shortages of FEMSEVEN & ELLESTE range.
« on: April 19, 2019, 03:45:15 PM »

Hi All,

Just came across this on a dispensing doctors website and thought I'd share it just in case any of you (like me) are on any of these products so you can make alternative arrangements.

https://www.dispensingdoctor.org/news/hrt-supply-issues-update/.

Has anyone else noticed how bad pharmaceutical companies have become at supply? Its not just HRT, I've also had issues getting hold of my preferred brands for my Anti-D's and sleep aids. Mylan (who make Elleste) are especially bad!.

You'd think they'd live in fear of oestrogen-deprived women, we're a right ratty bunch  ;D ;)

TwoCakes

Re: News on Shortages of FEMSEVEN & ELLESTE range.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 07:23:51 PM »

Yep, can't get hold of Evorel Conti this week. Gonna try Boots tomorrow but not holding out much hope. I've been really happy with these patches - anyone else found a good alternative?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 07:36:16 PM »

I've just got my Evorel 50 after a two week wait so hopefully your Conti ones will be in soon.

Taz x

TwoCakes

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 09:57:35 PM »

Ooh fingers crossed  :)

jaycee

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 11:44:42 AM »

I have just  got a prescription of Evoral Conti, my Dr says there isn;t a shortage, he checked first, and my daughter got her Femseven Conti on monday
Maybe it is certain areas

sidse

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 12:42:59 PM »

Jacee, are you sure that your daughter got hold of Femseven Conti? It isn't being manufactured at the moment.

Katejo

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 12:57:52 PM »

Yep, can't get hold of Evorel Conti this week. Gonna try Boots tomorrow but not holding out much hope. I've been really happy with these patches - anyone else found a good alternative?
Did you manage to get any Twocakes?  I have just been to a branch of Boots in Central London to ask about availability. It had several boxes but said that they might have been ordered in before the problem started. According to the pharmacist there, Evorel Conti isn't commonly used. That surprised me a bit. How long have you been using it? How has it helped (just out of interest)? I am now seeing first possible positive effects. It seems to be reducing my VA a bit but I have only noticed a possible improvement in the last week. Waiting to see if it continues. I also hope it will reduce aching joints/muscles and help avoid osteoporosis too (but I can't measure that.

jaycee

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 06:50:01 PM »

*Sidse* yes definitely, and hoping for another months for when sh is away on holiday next month,and i got Evoral Conti, so up to now no shortage of them here

TwoCakes

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 04:10:52 PM »

Hi everyone,

After being patronised by a female assistant in one of the 4 chemists I tried to obtain my Evorel Conti from, I was helped by a male assistant in Boots in central London who had just two boxes in total and gave me one. He said he will keep trying the supplier for the rest of my prescription but no luck so far. Not really certain what I will do when I run out in 2 weeks 😵.
I was originally on Evorel Sequi for about a year, but asked to switch which GP eventually agreed to. Prior to starting the Sequi I was experiencing every symptom going and tried a number of non HRT products without success. After a week on Sequi hot flushes stopped and after 3 months all previous symptoms and difficulties were distant memories. When I started the Sequi I had short and tolerable side effects: headache, palpitations, swollen boobs, but it settled very quickly. Switched to Conti as the monthly bleeds would floor me, it felt like an induced period (that may seem wierd sorry!) and everything has been great. No negative side effects at all. I've steadily cut the patch down (I'm quite small and light and think the standard dose probably was too much for my build). Hope that helps!

Sparrow

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 04:39:32 PM »

Hi TwoCakes, I have posted about a general shortage of some HRT problems on another thread.  If you scroll down you will find it plus the link to the radio program it was on.

Shadyglade

TwoCakes

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 04:45:17 PM »

Ooh, been doing a bit more digging on the HRT shortages and have realised that FemSeven, Elleste and Evorel ALL have a patch called Conti....I'm wondering if the chemists here in London have seen 'Conti' on the prescription and, having been told that FemSeven Conti is unlikely to be available until late 2019, have assumed my prescription is the same thing. This may explain why some areas like Jaycee's have no 'shortage' at all, and why Evorel Conti appears to be available from private prescribers?
Also, I found this Department of Health and Social Care report from June 2019 on the web (page 13 was the relevant bit for me) on various shortages...

https://www.dorsetccg.nhs.uk/Downloads/aboutus/medicines-management/Other%20Guidelines/Supply%20issues%20update%20FINAL%202019.pdf

it states quite clearly which HRT meds are in short supply, why and what actions should be taken to deal with it. I've saved it and will pop into to Boots again to check with my nice assistant there if my conclusions are right. Will keep you posted!

TwoCakes

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2019, 04:46:16 PM »

Thank you! Off to listen to the Rad 4 programme right now  :)

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2019, 05:09:57 PM »

Ooh, been doing a bit more digging on the HRT shortages and have realised that FemSeven, Elleste and Evorel ALL have a patch called Conti....I'm wondering if the chemists here in London have seen 'Conti' on the prescription and, having been told that FemSeven Conti is unlikely to be available until late 2019, have assumed my prescription is the same thing. This may explain why some areas like Jaycee's have no 'shortage' at all, and why Evorel Conti appears to be available from private prescribers?
Also, I found this Department of Health and Social Care report from June 2019 on the web (page 13 was the relevant bit for me) on various shortages...

https://www.dorsetccg.nhs.uk/Downloads/aboutus/medicines-management/Other%20Guidelines/Supply%20issues%20update%20FINAL%202019.pdf

it states quite clearly which HRT meds are in short supply, why and what actions should be taken to deal with it. I've saved it and will pop into to Boots again to check with my nice assistant there if my conclusions are right. Will keep you posted!
The branch of Boots which I visited was the one on the Brunswick shopping precinct at Russell Square. They had Evorel Conti last week. I have enough to last me well beyond my next meno clinic appt. so I am going to wait until then and ask the consultant about it.

TwoCakes

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2019, 05:12:42 PM »

Top tip Katejo, thank you. That's doable for me. Mounts bike and pedals off into distance.... ;D

Katejo

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »

Top tip Katejo, thank you. That's doable for me. Mounts bike and pedals off into distance.... ;D
Please let me know if you get any there. I asked them over a week ago.
Pages: [1] 2