Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Concentration  (Read 4317 times)

Minniemouse

Concentration
« on: April 16, 2019, 06:23:50 PM »

Can anyone say whether it's too much or too little of oestrogen or progesterone that causes the lack of concentration and awful memory? It's so difficult to carry on with a normal life - working full time in a very stressful and noisy environment :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Concentration
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »

I don't know but I've had a mushy head for years  :-\

Last week DH bought some jewellery and after 2 days I'd had forgotten what it looked like  :'(. I keep telling myself it's as we have a lot happening, never thought of it as hormonal  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 06:40:48 PM »

Can anyone say whether it's too much or too little of oestrogen or progesterone that causes the lack of concentration and awful memory? It's so difficult to carry on with a normal life - working full time in a very stressful and noisy environment :-\
My memory is till ok apart from going blank on people's names sometimes and finding it harder to learn/retain foreign language vocab. However my concentration has suffered. When sitting at my desk at work, it is hard to make myself get on with a piece of work. My mind wanders. It will be interesting to see whether the HRT makes any difference.

Karen max

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 10:02:09 PM »

Hi
My memory is awful , I now write myself notes and leave them all around the house so I don't forget anything and I get days I've forgot where I've left the notes 🙈
I dunno what it is lack If but to me it's just part of the menopause
I thought after 5 yrs post menopause maybe it would get better in time but up to now no it's just mushy head and forgetting everything
I'm 51 dear live me when I'm 61 😂

Kaz

Minniemouse

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 06:14:37 AM »

Thank you so much for helping me to feel better by sharing! I do write everything down now, but I just can't concentrate -and it's essential for my job that I do :'(I hate this more than any of the other menopausal symptoms

Minniemouse

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 06:17:03 PM »

Birdy-your post could've been written by me. It's terrifying. I find I'm permanently tired too-sleeping 8 hours at night with very vivid dreams ( if I wake for the loo it's very difficult to get back off, it's like a video playing in my head) and i feel hung over getting up in the morning, woozy and foggy headed, not really waking up till lunch time (when I've been at work 4 hours) does this ring a bell with anyone?  :o

Minniemouse

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 07:44:57 AM »

It's also interesting to read other posts which say about thyroid issues-because from starting HRT I also started with overactive thyroid, which has now settled after medication for some time ( I no longer need to take it). However, both my GP and my consultant both claim there is no link  :-\

Karen max

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 10:41:49 PM »

Birdy
My memory must be the worse I've just lost a bottle of Leonor from last week and just found it there 5 minutes ago ..... in the freezer 🙈😱🙈

Minniemouse

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 06:18:15 PM »

Does Lenor freeze well?! ;D my memory is so awful now that it would be pointless to be in a quiz and i just seem so vague about things, it's like I'm not with it. Been so lovely to not be at work this bank holiday and not worry about it-i feel such pressure at work which makes the whole thing worse.

Karen max

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 10:19:40 PM »

Hi
Not as well as shampoo or conditioner but yes it freezes 😂
Was so angry with myself too as it the new new Leonor £5 for small bottle
I let it defrost but the smell wasn't there I binned it ..

I've found plasters , hand cream , even bloody dogsctreats ebded up in freezer 🙈

Keep going ladies we will become normal one day I'm sure of it 😂😂

KAZ X

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2019, 08:47:44 AM »

Thyroid surely is a hormone - therefore ?  :-\ ?

My concentration is shot.  Talking to a neighbour on Wed. whose cousin has moved to somewhere in Yorkshire beginning with an "r" - I intended to look up the place and do a google walk  :-\ .  The name of the town has escaped my brain  :-\

I know it's full of Mum's challenging behaviour .............. but I would like a small space left for 'me'!

CLKD

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2019, 12:05:12 PM »

For me it is.  This isn't a recent problem  :-\  :'( .......... I've tried to ignore the issues.  I can make excuses for it.  But 4 me it is becoming a problem.

sheila99

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2019, 02:32:02 PM »

I suspect it's age and/or low oestrogen. When I was on too much my insomnia and anxiety returned but I didn't notice a difference in brain function.

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2019, 02:41:58 PM »

This is different 4 me than an 'age' issue.  I know when it's age related, i.e. going into a room but forgetting what I've gone to collect  ::) but I can enjoy a day out but the next day, can't remember where we've been.  This has been happening for about 3 years and more recently, buying items one day then forgetting what I purchased the next; or putting an item down and completely forgetting it until it pops up weeks later.  DH bought a small antique 2 weeks ago and a few days later was talking to me about the item and I had no recollection.

Minniemouse

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 02:52:11 PM »

I agree CLKD, this does feel different. I used to regularly go to quizzes, but now I find I cannot think of the most basic things-common knowledge things. My husband will tell me I've seen a film or programme and i would swear I never have-i just have no recollection. The scary thing for me is I can't join tasks together anymore-i have to concentrate to do one thing, but trying to remember something else is impossible. Apparently it does get better after menopause-i truly hope so.
Pages: [1] 2