Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Evorel Sequi  (Read 2139 times)

MeNina

• First Flush
Evorel Sequi
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:17:23 PM »

Hello,

My menopause started at 44 and I spent two years in denial and then decided to see my doctor to get some advice. I was feeling awful at this stage and truly felt like my body was broken.

We decided on patches as this was the best fit for me to get my oestrogen for my bones and progesterone to ensure my womb was shedding its lining.

Recently, I’ve started taking Evorel Sequi patches as my previous brand (FemSeven Sequi) was discontinued. I’m not taking to these too well, sore boobs, x2 periods in a month and hyper mood swings. The previous brand was one patch a week and Evorel Sequi is two patches a week (which may be the reason why the increase in periods).

I wondered if any one else has had a similar experience. I’m on the second month of taking these and my doctors advised me to hack it for three and then we’d reassess the situation.

Any advice would be welcome.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 08:23:33 PM by MeNina »

Hvenab

Re: Evorel Sequi
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 09:50:52 PM »

Hi I haven't got any advice. Sure hurdity may respond she is knowledgeable. I am on evorel sequi. I have been getting the odd migraine and moods are up and down. I'm reducing the patch size as suggested.  Too early to say as only been on them for two weeks. Hope u get some good advice.

MeNina

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 05:00:05 AM »

Thanks for that and hope it all works well for you. When you say reduce the patch size are you just cutting them in half?

Katejo

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 08:18:01 AM »

Thanks for that and hope it all works well for you. When you say reduce the patch size are you just cutting them in half?
I have just started Evorel Conti and was told to use half patches so I am cutting them in half.

MeNina

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 12:31:10 PM »

Ok thanks

JC06

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 08:31:37 PM »

Interested to hear your experience of the Evorel Sequi patches. I was on Femseven Sequi too & when they became unavailable my GP prescribed Elleste Duet tablets which I'm worried about taking...was going to go back to ask for Everol as an alternative as I prefer the idea of patch versus tablet.  Very frustrating to have found something which seemed to be helping to then be back to square one. Can't seem to get definitive verdict on Femseven ever coming back...fingers crossed you settle down on new patch

Dancing Queen

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 06:27:49 AM »

JC06 I have swapped from Femseven sequi to Evorel sequi with no provlems..it may be worth asking to give them a try if you prefer a patch 😊

JC06

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 02:44:23 PM »

That's good to know! Would much prefer to get another patch & think I will not bother starting the tablets & just go back to Dr. Nothing additional required with Everol Sequi patch? Change it twice a week rather than once?

Dancing Queen

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2019, 07:56:33 AM »

Yes that is all...I have to write it on the calendar to remind me!

MeNina

• First Flush
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 06:46:51 AM »

That's good to know! Would much prefer to get another patch & think I will not bother starting the tablets & just go back to Dr. Nothing additional required with Everol Sequi patch? Change it twice a week rather than once?

Hi, I'll keep you posted on how I'm doing, although if I was given the choice, I would remain on patches. My doctors also suggesting that I could shift to an oestrogen-only patch with a progesterone gel as an alternative.

MeNina

• First Flush
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 04:52:52 AM »

Can I just check which patch you are cutting in half? Is it the Evorel 50 or the Conti one? I'm still getting a period every 2 weeks and it's driving me crazy  :'( :'( :'(

I have just started Evorel Conti and was told to use half patches so I am cutting them in half.