Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Morning :)  (Read 1655 times)

Mogster71

Morning :)
« on: June 04, 2019, 03:56:12 AM »

Hello everyone

First post here after lurking for a few days!

I'm 47 and have just been prescribed HRT (Novofem). I "think" I've been in peri for the last 3 or so years..well it seems that way anyway. That's what has been my stock answer for every passing ailment and sensation. Now reading some of your posts I'm pretty sure of it. Nausea in the mornings, dizziness, general feeling of bleugh, lack of mojo for me.

My main reasons for approaching the GP this time was a series of headaches which I believed to be hormone related. It's not the first time they have happened, probably been going on for a year or more on and off. I had an accompanying period pain but no bleeding, periods have been less and less regular for the last couple of years, some being a couple of months apart, then a gap, then 2 or 3 with only a week apart etc. I am not getting hot flushes though, and feel a bit of a fraud!!

I am very slight and with a low BMI I have been having bone density scans regularly since my 20s, so when I saw GP Friday he suggested starting HRT and here we are. Full blood panel done and new scan ordered too to see exactly where we are at.  I always thought I would go natural through the menopause as my mum took HRT for 10 years max (which were the guidelines when she did take it). No symptoms before other than excessively heavy bleeding and then when she stopped.......BAM hot flush city.

So I'm 2 days into tablets, feel ok but keep thinking should I be doing this, am I going to get the same thing as mum yada yada. My nan had BC in her 60s, survived, but it wasn't even asked at my doc appt.

Is overthinking a hormonal symptom............ :-\ :-\ ;D

MicheleMaBelle

Re: Morning :)
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 07:13:20 AM »

Hello Mogster71 :welcomemm:

Yip, all “normal”

Overthinking
Overwhelming
Overreacting
Overeating
Overthehill.( and far far away )

Welcome to the madhouse xxxx

Mogster71

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 07:42:30 AM »

Thank you Michelle!! At least I don't feel like I'm losing the plot so much then...  :cheer:

JaneinPen

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 08:21:55 AM »

Welcome  mogster71. All sounds very familiar so you are definitely in the right place when you need advice. This forum is a great place to get answers or advice prior to seeking solutions with your GP

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 08:55:52 AM »

Yep sounds 'within normal limits' from where I'm sitting  :welcomemm:

Browse round. Make notes.  HReplacementT can work well for many, some find keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful.

We have a 'doing silly things' thread, a 'funny' room and we talk about menopause sometimes  ::)

Ask away!

Mogster71

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 03:10:57 PM »

Welcome  mogster71. All sounds very familiar so you are definitely in the right place when you need advice. This forum is a great place to get answers or advice prior to seeking solutions with your GP

Thanks lovely, that's really kind :)

Mogster71

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 03:12:35 PM »

Yep sounds 'within normal limits' from where I'm sitting  :welcomemm:

Browse round. Make notes.  HReplacementT can work well for many, some find keeping a mood/symptom/food diary useful.

We have a 'doing silly things' thread, a 'funny' room and we talk about menopause sometimes  ::)

Ask away!

Thank you very much...I hope there's a spare seat for me in the funny room... ;)

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 03:13:09 PM »

Oh we'll budge up to make room though do watch out for 'that woman'  ;)  ::)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 04:17:22 PM »

Hi Mogster71

:welcomemm:

Ask anything you want, have a moan, we all do it.....
Someone's always on to give advice or just a listening ear....
The funny room is fab....have a look...🙂
Good luck with the tablets....

Jd xx

Mogster71

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 07:13:27 PM »

Hi Mogster71

:welcomemm:

Ask anything you want, have a moan, we all do it.....
Someone's always on to give advice or just a listening ear....
The funny room is fab....have a look...🙂
Good luck with the tablets....

Jd xx

Thank you JD that's really sweet!

I've chatted today with a different GP in the practice after voicing my concerns and she has suggested I stop taking the HRT if I don't really need it. Only 3 days in anyway so no biggie. I'm to see her again with the results of my dexa scan which should be in the next few weeks and we go from there. Thanks again for your support and warm welcome x

CLKD

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 02:28:32 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

Mogster71

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 04:00:21 AM »

Let us know how you get on?

Of course I will -  :) thanks again!