Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: HRT working, but with hair loss...  (Read 8777 times)

Gmail_tara

HRT working, but with hair loss...
« on: April 15, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »

Hi

I had meno sweats every 20-30 mins for years, and had no quality of life. I tried every herbal alternative to HRT, and none worked. After the all clear from my doctor, I started on 'Evorel Conti' patches 14th March (1 month ago)

They took 10 days approx to stop all sweats, and I was so happy; well I still am regarding the sweats, but...

I've suffered from more than normal hair loss for the past 15 years, but two weeks ago, my hair began coming out in handfuls daily, to the point where I don't want to touch it.

I don't want to come off HRT altogether, so I'm looking for a work around somehow.

The patches contain:
* 3.2mg estradiol.
* 11.2mg norethisterone.
Are there lower dose patches out there, or any other tweaks I can try please? My doctor said there isn't a lower dose Evorel Conti, and was unsure of what we can do.

Thanks in advance.

Katejo

Re: HRT working, but with hair loss...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 02:01:29 PM »

Hi

I had meno sweats every 20-30 mins for years, and had no quality of life. I tried every herbal alternative to HRT, and none worked. After the all clear from my doctor, I started on 'Evorel Conti' patches 14th March (1 month ago)

They took 10 days approx to stop all sweats, and I was so happy; well I still am regarding the sweats, but...

I've suffered from more than normal hair loss for the past 15 years, but two weeks ago, my hair began coming out in handfuls daily, to the point where I don't want to touch it.

I don't want to come off HRT altogether, so I'm looking for a work around somehow.

The patches contain:
* 3.2mg estradiol.
* 11.2mg norethisterone.
Are there lower dose patches out there, or any other tweaks I can try please? My doctor said there isn't a lower dose Evorel Conti, and was unsure of what we can do.

Thanks in advance.
Interesting for me because I have just started evorel Conti (last week). I haven't had any hair loss yet (but also none prior to starting it). Have you tried just using half patches instead of whole ones? That is what I have been prescribed. That would reduce the dose.

Dotty

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 05:49:25 PM »

Hi I agree with Stellajane. It's probably the norethisterone. I suffered with hair loss when using Elleste Duet Conti But am fine on Oestrogel x

Gmail_tara

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 06:53:26 PM »

Thank you. I'm going to need some more help please.
I'm new to HRT and pretty ignorant about it all.

My doctor said I needed the Norethisterone, so do I ask for a pill for that, and some gel for oestrogen?

I'm in the UK, so brand names wont be the same I guess either.

Thanks!

Gmail_tara

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 08:16:41 PM »

Thanks. I'm booking a doctors appt, and ill mention what you've said x

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 06:06:40 AM »

Hi you can ask for Oestrogel or oestrogen patches . If you are post meno then you will take the Utrogestan every day (100mg). Evorel Conti is for post meno so I'm presuming that you haven't had a period for 12 months. X

Gmail_tara

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 01:13:15 PM »

Hi again

I forgot to say that I don't want a monthly bleed.

I just read Utrogestan product details, and it states:

'You will have a bleed once a month (so-called withdrawal bleed) while taking Utrogestan'
AND
Taking Utrogestan with oestrogen:
'You might get some bleeding at the end of each month, rather like a period'

My doctors appt is in less than an hour, so the info I was going to take, won't help now?
I'm seeing a male doc, as my lady doc is on a break, and from past experience, they have little knowledge on HRT, and consult a manual, then guess  :-\

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:15:20 PM by Gmail_tara »

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 01:22:17 PM »

Hi you won't have a monthly bleed if you take the Utrogestan continuously and you are post meno x

NorthArm

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 08:28:55 PM »

I agree with the other girls - norethisterone is a shocker for hair loss.

With the Utrogestan, if you decide to use it, take it at bedtime as it can be quite sedating.

Another couple of products you could try that come in pill form and have no norethisterone are Femoston Conti 1/5, and Angelique - both of these have much kinder progesterone.

Good luck with it all xx

Dotty

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 08:02:25 AM »

Stellajane - I think you are right about Angelique x

Gmail_tara

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2019, 10:26:31 PM »

Thank you. I saw a Male doctor, who said he didnt know enough about HRT. That's the 2nd to say that to me. I'll be seeing my usual female doctor next week when she's back from annual leave.

jaycee

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2019, 10:10:18 PM »

*Gmail_Tara* i have just read your post and interested because i am suffering hair loss too, i am on livial which also has a testosterone type of ingredient,Have you had any luck with changing your HRT and is your hair recovering,it is very distressing isnt it
I am going to see the Dr on the 20th, and hope to get some answers,the last one i saw tested me for thyroid which was lear, i have stopped taking the livial as from Sunday, i hope my and your hair grows back,
Please will you update so i can see how you got on, and what your Dr said about it etc