Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Estradot 75 info  (Read 873 times)

Ruby67

Estradot 75 info
« on: April 15, 2019, 11:33:17 AM »

Hi, I'm 52 and peri, I've just started Estradot 75 patches today. I don't really know much about HRT so I'm unsure if I will take a period on this? I have had mirena coil since Jan 18 and no bleeding since September 18, so hoping that will still be the case but unsure how it works. Should I expect some spotting? Thank you

Tinkerbell

Re: Estradot 75 info
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 01:01:58 PM »

You will only get spotting if your womb lining builds up, I use 3 pumps of estrogel which is a similar dose to Estradot 75, according to GP, and getting very slight spotting every few months, last lot was after 8 months.
I am post meno by 3 years though.

Hurdity

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 01:08:01 PM »

Hi Ruby67

Have you been on other HRT before the Estradot? I only ask because that is a fairly high dose to start with and you don't know how far into menopause you are with the Mirena because it usually stops periods well before menopause. Personally I would take it a bit slower and start with 50 mcg - (can you cut a third off?) for a few weeks and see how you get on - unless there is a particualr medical reason your doc has prescribed the 75 mcg?

What symptoms are you hoping to alleviate? Hope it works anyway!

If you suddenly increase your oestrogen even with a Mirena, if you are peri-menopausal it could lead to spotting around the time your period would be expected, if you still ovulate (Mirena doesn't always suppress the cycle)?

Hurdity x

Ruby67

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 05:20:56 PM »

Thanks for replies. I haven't been on any HRT before. I know I'm definitely still ovulating as I had a scan last week and doc said I had follicles on both ovaries. Haven't a clue where I am in my cycle so will just have to wait and see over next few weeks. I've already put patch on this morning so can't cut it but do u think I should cut the next one down to 50? GP actually said If I didn't feel it was doing anything I could go up to 100, but I would rather take it slow to be honest.  My main symptoms are insomnia, low mood and burning sore mouth. I wasn't too keen on going on HRT to be honest but the lack of sleep and sore mouth is doing me in.  Thanks for all advice x