Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mini pill miracle ?  (Read 989 times)

Smolls

Mini pill miracle ?
« on: June 19, 2020, 09:04:26 AM »

Hi

Has anyone tried the mini pill for perimenopause - had an email consultation with Dr Currie and she suggested this may help in Peri if HRT is not the right thing, for now. She also suggested the combination pill but at 47 I think it might be risky? X

Perinowpost

Re: Mini pill miracle ?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 11:36:00 AM »

I gave it a short whirl whilst in early peri. I think as long as you?re not sensitive to progesterone it's a good option. If you?re at all prog intolerant then forget it.  Let us know how you get on x

Smolls

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 04:19:39 PM »

Thank you Perinowpost I will consider this X

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 07:33:13 PM »

I was on the mini pill for years and was fine. At 42 whilst on no treatment, I started experiencing perimeno symptoms. Went back on mini pill. It did help a bit with some symptoms, but overall I was getting really bad mood swings like I never did before. I thi k I needed some estrogen. Now trying to find a combined pill that works.

For me, the mini pill, cerazette, stopped my periods completely. My peri symptoms are not heavy periods, but if yours are, it would defo be worth a try.

Smolls

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 09:46:18 PM »

Hi Crispychick , I am wanting something to stop my periods but the mood swings worry me as that is one of my main symptoms X

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 06:37:57 PM »

Unfortunately I think it is different for everyone. I have tried 5 different combined pills now... And still can't find one I can tolerate. It's so much trialling.

I have been on and off the COC and mini pill since my 20s, but now can't seem to find one that helps.

The only good thing with the pill is it can be stopped instantly. So it is definitely worth a try. Good luck x

Donnadoobie

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 09:27:33 PM »

I was put in the mini pill during peri to stop my heavy periods.

I never finished the three month course, I thought I may commit murder! stopped after 6 weeks.  horrible.  GP has put no progesterone on my notes.