Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Applying half Evorel Conti patches  (Read 7710 times)

Katejo

Applying half Evorel Conti patches
« on: April 10, 2019, 09:49:52 PM »

I have just got these today and have applied the 1st half patch. This may be a silly question but I was expecting to cut straight across. However the peel off backing was a sort of crescent shape so I cut round the dividing line. Is that right? Won't the 2nd half dry out before I need it on Sunday.
I was surprised that it was so flimsy and thin. Can hardly believe that there is anything in it. 😀 I applied it to my thigh this time. Is there an ideal place to do it?

ChristinaG

Re: Applying half Evorel Conti patches
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 09:56:56 PM »

Hi Katejo

I am interested in any responses to this too, based on some feedback from another member to a separate question.

I was also wondering, also about the application and exposure to water from the shower or bath, now that one side is unsealed?

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:23:40 PM »

Hi Katejo

I am interested in any responses to this too, based on some feedback from another member to a separate question.

I was also wondering, also about the application and exposure to water from the shower or bath, now that one side is unsealed?
I asked the consultant about having a shower and whether it would stay on. He advised me just to avoid a really hot steamy shower. Not sure that 1 side is really unsealed. It is close against my skin.

AndieKC

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 12:23:30 AM »

Hi Katejo and ChristinaG

I have been using Evorel patches for a while now, hope the following helps. The best way to get them stay on for half a week is  to apply to clean skin after shower/bath, and before any body cream is applied. I won't touch any cream until the patch is on. Mine sometimes start peeling off a bit but I just leave it.

The best place to apply the patch for me is the top part of my bottom where it will be covered with knickers but avoid the knickers' /VPL line as moving the underwear up and down disturbs the patch. Thigh placement doesn't work for me as trousers/leggings disturb the patch.

Bathing doesn't make them come off but I do avoid very hot baths, just use normal hot water. Haven't been swimming yet...

If you want to cut a patch in half, cut across the wavy line, not alongside it and store the remaining half patch in the original sachet until needed, ideally away from the hot & humid bathroom.

Lastly, the itching... sometimes the itching makes me scratch (not a pretty sight, scratching the patch on my backside !) I always alternate left and right side of my body and keep placing the next patch to a new area of skin. The itching is worse if water gets under the patch where it's lifted. This tends to happen if I place the patch over a part which moves/stretches a lot, so it's a bit of a trial and error what works. Good luck!
Xx
Apparently it's the glue, not estrogen.

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 04:17:59 AM »

Hi Katejo and ChristinaG

I have been using Evorel patches for a while now, hope the following helps. The best way to get them stay on for half a week is  to apply to clean skin after shower/bath, and before any body cream is applied. I won't touch any cream until the patch is on. Mine sometimes start peeling off a bit but I just leave it.

The best place to apply the patch for me is the top part of my bottom where it will be covered with knickers but avoid the knickers' /VPL line as moving the underwear up and down disturbs the patch. Thigh placement doesn't work for me as trousers/leggings disturb the patch.

Bathing doesn't make them come off but I do avoid very hot baths, just use normal hot water. Haven't been swimming yet...

If you want to cut a patch in half, cut across the wavy line, not alongside it and store the remaining half patch in the original sachet until needed, ideally away from the hot & humid bathroom.

Lastly, the itching... sometimes the itching makes me scratch (not a pretty sight, scratching the patch on my backside !) I always alternate left and right side of my body and keep placing the next patch to a new area of skin. The itching is worse if water gets under the patch where it's lifted. This tends to happen if I place the patch over a part which moves/stretches a lot, so it's a bit of a trial and error what works. Good luck!
Xx
Apparently it's the glue, not estrogen.
Thanks for this. I didn't think of cutting across the wavy line. I will try my bottom next time. Are you noticing any benefits yet? Or side effects? I haven't had any itching yet but will now be expecting it! 😀

AndieKC

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 08:13:27 AM »

Hi ChristinaG

Even if the patch is 1/3 off, the rest still sticks for a couple of days, it's a little annoying but won't fall off, just try different places next time.

I'd also avoid touching the sticky side of the patch when you take the cover off, just before applying.

Body cream is the problem mostly, so I only put mine on after shower/bath, on completely clean skin.
Xx

ChristinaG

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 11:28:09 AM »

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I am going to try today and 1/2 the (Conti) patch and will let you know how I get on.

This forum is invaluable. Thanks again.

Christina

Katejo

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2019, 12:09:15 PM »

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I am going to try today and 1/2 the (Conti) patch and will let you know how I get on.

This forum is invaluable. Thanks again.

Christina
I'll be interested to know how you find it. I have only applied 1 patch so far (another tomorrow). I haven't noticed any changes yet. It may be that I need the full patch. One or two possible side effects of feeling a little bit hot and achy but they might be  a coincidence. I must look that up.

Bluenose

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2019, 01:26:11 PM »

I've been on these for 2 weeks now using a whole patch though, I switched from elleste duet Conti as I was still having bad night sweats but I'm still having them 😪

Katejo

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 02:45:43 PM »

I've been on these for 2 weeks now using a whole patch though, I switched from elleste duet Conti as I was still having bad night sweats but I'm still having them 😪
I did a search for info on Evorel conti and when to expect improvements earlier. The answer said that it was usual to wait a few weeks. I can't comment on night sweats because I don't get them.

Bluenose

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 09:31:00 PM »

I did a search for info on Evorel conti and when to expect improvements earlier. The answer said that it was usual to wait a few weeks. I can't comment on night sweats because I don't get them.
Yeah I expected to wait a while I just hoped that been as I'd been on hrt 3 months previously it would kick in quick, I'll just have to wait and see x

Sarai

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 01:12:24 PM »

I use half. Just cut the opposite way and you will get the backing off easier. I stick to opposite bottom cheeks. I often have long hot baths with magensium salts and they stay on just fine.

Katejo

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 01:43:59 PM »

Yeah I expected to wait a while I just hoped that been as I'd been on hrt 3 months previously it would kick in quick, I'll just have to wait and see x
Yes I can see why you would think that way and expect a fairly quick improvement.

AndieKC

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 10:04:20 PM »

Hi Katejo and ChristineG

Hope you're getting on well with the patches? Just wanted to add that Evorel patches come in different strengths, so perhaps once you work out which dose works best, you could ask for that strength?

I am on 0.5microgram patch which is the same as 1mg tablet (2 x 0.5microgram = 1mg). This is because tablets go through digestive tract and the liver breaks it down too quickly, so orally you need a higher dose to achieve the same effect. The patch or gel is absorbed better (as it doesn't go though the liver) so a smaller dose will do the trick.

All 3 methods - tablets, gel and patches are considered ‘systemic', so work on most symptoms.
Hope this helps xx

Katejo

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 09:42:13 AM »

Hi Katejo and ChristineG

Hope you're getting on well with the patches? Just wanted to add that Evorel patches come in different strengths, so perhaps once you work out which dose works best, you could ask for that strength?

I am on 0.5microgram patch which is the same as 1mg tablet (2 x 0.5microgram = 1mg). This is because tablets go through digestive tract and the liver breaks it down too quickly, so orally you need a higher dose to achieve the same effect. The patch or gel is absorbed better (as it doesn't go though the liver) so a smaller dose will do the trick.

All 3 methods - tablets, gel and patches are considered ‘systemic', so work on most symptoms.
Hope this helps xx
I also have the 0.5 mcg patches. Yes I know about the difference in absorption of tablet v patch. I am just wondering how long it does take before benefits are felt for most women.
Pages: [1] 2