Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: need a bit of reassurance please as trying not to panic  (Read 1047 times)

pepperminty

need a bit of reassurance please as trying not to panic
« on: April 13, 2019, 06:42:09 PM »

Hi ladies,

I increased my estrogen for 4 months by a tiny tiny bit, didn't agree with me, so went back to my usual dose. I had into the begining of this pack which started on day 6 and finished on day 10  where I had stomach cramps and was heavy.

I have now started my next bleed on day 24 of the same  pack and it is now day 27 ( of 28 in the pack) and I have bleed so heavily it has scared me, the last time I bled like this was about 10 years ago, before I started HRT. I have to change my pad every hour. No pain though.

My health anxiety has hit the roof.  Is this just my body coming down from the last 4 months gradual and tiny increase of estrogen? I hope so, as I can't leave the house , as it is too heavy. I can't use tampons at the moment. 
Scared that a tiny bit of estrogen could do this? My periods on HRT have always been normal.

Peppermintyx

Hurdity

Re: need a bit of reassurance please as trying not to panic
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2019, 07:59:51 PM »

Remind us what HRT you are on ie progestogen and dose of oestrogen and whether you are peri or post-meno? Sorry I can't remember - I think you only said the other day too - can't keep everyone's story in my head!!!

It's unlikely to be due to the tiny increase in oestrogen for a few days but maybe your own cycle or an imbalance between oestrogen and the prog or maybe something like fibroids if you have them?

See how it goes and see the doc next week if you are worried?

Try not to worry pepperminty.....

Hurdity x :bighug:

pepperminty

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 05:35:58 AM »

Thanks Hurdity for replying, you are alwys so reassuring but I am in a bit of a pickle at the moment,

I am on Femosten 1/10 with half a tablet of Zumenon, every other day. For the last 4 months I increased by quarter tablet every week up to what has built up to  one and a half tablets extra of estrogen on the last  month, so hardly a large increase.

My period was later last month than it would be  normaly and heavier ( also last month was very painful) and  it has come again after 2 weeks- no pain this time. I know it seems unlikely that it is the estrogen increase, but it has been gradual over 4 months , so maybe it is?  I also got dreadful PMT- weepy etc and felt worse, so I seem to be very susceptible to even  a small increase.
 I have tried increasing before and the same thing happened with mood - but never the horrendous bleed I have at the moment. I don't have fibroids, at least I didn't last scan- a few years ago?

I am 52 and had erractic periods when staring HRt , so I have no idea where i am but suspect I am still peri, although that is a guess. I have been to the GP so much recently I need a season ticket. It is the not knowing why that is the worrying thing. Also I am terrified they might try to stop the HRt  as can't function without it.  But not sure I can cope with the bleeding, if it stays like this.

Peppermintyx

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 07:22:29 PM »

OK so it as a bit longer than a few days so possibly the extra oestrogen means that your lining has thickened a bit more than it should but the heavy bleeding is it shedding, hopefully all of it? Bear in mind though that Femoston 2/10 has the same amount of progestogen as the 1/10 ( ie 10 mg dydrogesterone) so this allows taking of an extra 1 mg per day and you have only been taking this amount every 4 days if I understand you correctly.

I would definitley make that appointment with GP - so don't worry that you've been svereal times recently - that's what they're there for. Don't be apologetic to them and rehearse what you want to say. You cannot be made to stop HRT against your will but maybe you would need a scan to check your womb lining - and you don't need to stop pending the scan. If the doc agrees to refer you then it should take place immediately following most of your bleed, when the lining is at its thinnest - otherwise it will show thickened during your cycle when it should be thickening.

The pmt sounds like it could be your own cycle - so maybe you ovulated this month and the extra oestrogen has caused the extra bleeding - since HRT does not normally shut down the cycle?

Have you thought of having a Mirena coil to control the bleeding?

Anyway I'm sure it will be nothing to worry about but do check to be on the safe side, if you are concerned.

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 01:58:59 PM »

Thanks Hurdity,

Yes I am shedding as it were, with lots f blood. Perhaps the extra estrogen has thickened it up. I will make an appointment, as soon as I can, thanks for telling me when is best to do it.

It really does help to read your posts as you always talk practical sense, sometimes we need a helping hand and a kind voice.

I tried the mirena a few years ago, but unfortunately it made my legs swell, and they wipped it out.
Normally my bleeding is quite light, that is why I was panicking. Perhaps it was the extra estogen, all be it a small amount. Dreading next month!

The bleeding is still going on but at least not so heavy. There can't be much left after 2 periods in as many weeks!

Again thanks you for being kind and supportive

Peppermintyx