Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Feeling worse on hrt ?  (Read 6677 times)

friend of lhasa apso

Feeling worse on hrt ?
« on: April 10, 2019, 06:53:14 PM »

Hi there ! What are your experiences of hrt patches ? I'm perimenopausal age 52 and have tried fem7 patches for 6 months but got bad pmt like symptoms.
         I've tried evorel sequi for a month but seem to be getting surge of adrenalin like feeling which makes me feel panicky and short of breath ;so tonight I've ripped it off ! I started taking hrt as I had severe fatigue low libido nausea and bloating but not sure hrt helping now ,it did at first. Any thoughts anyone ?

Sparkler

Re: Feeling worse on hrt ?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 06:17:44 AM »

Hi there. I got panicky over stimulated feelings for the first 3 patches, but then it totally settled down. I am on evorel separately to utrogestan, but only 25 patches to see what a low dose does before I increase it.

Depends how bad you felt? How long did you try it for? I think if I had gone 0 to evorel 50 I might have reacted badly, too.

Letmein

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 06:33:15 AM »

The same happened  to me. These adrenalin surges are what makes dealing with this menopause a nightmare.

I tried hrt for 3 months and it didn't help at all, I actually felt much better after I stopped. I'm now convinced the problem was that I was still naturally producing oestrogen, in surges, and that in addition to hrt made me feel wired all the time.

I'm now 12 months later and do feel much better on nothing but meditation but still struggle with sleep. I've been 12 months without a period so considering giving hrt another go but not confident it will help me any better.

Butterfly22

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2019, 07:21:04 AM »

Morning, I've not got on with loads of hrt it's just a case of trying but you must remember symptoms will calm down.
I'm on estraderm patch which I found the best for me. Or have you tried the gel? X

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 02:29:05 PM »

I'm on oestrogen so have played with the dosage. When I'm on too high a dose my anxiety and insomnia return. Might be worth starting on a lower dose and increasing slowly?

Butterfly22

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 03:48:31 PM »

Definitely start lower then you can add until you get it right x

friend of lhasa apso

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 12:51:21 PM »

Hi I'm on evorel sequi which contains 50 Mcg of estradiol in patch form .
      Off it is have terrible insomnia so restarted and can now sleep but still get these horrible adrenalin surges and feel panicky but also really lethargic if that makes sense .I'm going to try to persevere for another month but it's a struggle at the moment .
            Just feel like I'm dragging myself around at the moment it's driving me crazy  :-\
        Also ,I didn't know there was a lower dose of patch ?My doc nhs hasn't been much of a help .

Sparkler

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »

Hi again

I am just starting my second month of hrt. I have evorel 25 patches with separate oral progesterone as I hoped, and still do, that the separate medications would give some flexibility.

I was lucky as my doc knew he didn't know anything so he directed me here and then I asked for what I wanted. He was good really because he asked me how I had decided and then said he could see my logic and just prescribed it.

I may increase to 37.5 or 50 at some stage, just waiting to see how it goes in month 2. I do think it's worth persevering as our own hormones are still going on as well.i was literally all over the place so whilst hrt hasn't ‘Fixed me' I am less all over the place than before. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Sparkler
X