Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: HRT levels  (Read 2175 times)

Becks78

• First Flush
HRT levels
« on: April 07, 2019, 09:22:09 AM »

Had my total hysterectomy a year ago and been on the combined patch (50) ever since with Testrol gel as well.
Bloods I recently had done showed:
FSH 125 iu/l
LH 66.1 iu/l
Oestradiol 139 pmol/l
Not sure what the ideal levels should actually be.
Symptom wise is hard to tell as I also have Fibromyalgia so unsure what attributable to what - struggle to get to sleep, never wake up refreshed, almost daily headaches, weight gain (in fairness that is probably me just eating the wrong things), some brain fog, some periods anxiety/depression/over emotional (but I am stressed with other life events so may be that).   
Not sure if increasing the patch will make symptoms/levels better or worse?   

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: HRT levels
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 02:19:00 PM »

Hi Becks78....... :welcomemm:

Just thought I'd welcome you, someone will post shortly, who's more knowledgeable than me....
Keep posting, ask questions, have a moan, we all do.....😉

Jd xx

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 02:28:25 PM »

Hello Becks78 and welcome to the forum.

Alas I am not an expert either but your HRT is an often used one so I'm sure that someone will be along soon to share their experiences.

Your symptoms certainly sound hormonal to me, I think most of us here could tick the same boxes.

Take care and keep posting.

K.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »

Hi Becks78

:welcomemm:

I'm just about to sign out but saw your post.

Very quickly - you mention a combined patch - do you mean oestrogen and progestogen eg Evorel sequi/conti or Femseven? If so I presume you had endometriosis hence the need for a progestogen combo as part of your HRT? Maybe that was the reason for your hysterectomy?

Also did you keep your ovaries?

If these are true levels then they are very low and implies that you are not absorbing the product you are using. The low levels may well be the cause of your fibromyalgia syndrome. Looks to me like you need much more oestrogen but maybe it isn;t possible due to the increased amount of prog you might need? You can take prog in tablet form (Provera) and then you could have a higher dose patch than 50 mcg. You should also have your testosterone levels checked and SHBG to check how much of this you are absorbing - even though they are not especially accurate for women.

In haste and apols for typos!

Hurdity x