Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Emitophobia  (Read 36246 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Emitophobia
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2011, 10:00:03 AM »

:o

CLKD

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »

Blasted neighbours  >:( ........ over a week ago one told me she had felt poorly for 3 days then she *was* poorly for 3 days then after 3 days her husband was poorly - now I was told by the various hospitals when visiting various rellies that they wanted 48 hours respite before visiting resumed by anyone with D&V symptoms.  When I told 'her' I was told "Well I don't know about that" and when I explained that this is hospital procedure she repeated "Well I don't know about that" - well I'm TELLING YOU  :bang: :bang: :bang: and she went on and on about Himself and me going in for a cuppa and a catch up ........ well within the 48 hours  >:( so we didn't GO! then Himself suggested that I tell her about my phobia ....... well he's on a hiding to nothing for at least a week  :beat:

viv

« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »

I would have not gone either....and as for the hospital visiting I cant think of a more selfish act of visiting someone in hospital if I had a tummy bug. It really makes you wonder how some peoples minds work....or not work in her case.

Wait for a while CLKD before you darken her door. Even the merest suggestion of someone being sick sets me off. I used to have to force myself to send my kids to school when there was a bug doing the rounds.

I vividly remember taking both of my kids out of school when there was an outbreak of E coli. We had a lovely time. Lots of nature walks and horse riding and home schooling until the school was given the all clear. There were a few parents did the same but the majority kept the kids in school.

I was not prepared to take the risk  ::)

When my daughter was about 12 weeks old she refused to feed and was really poorly. They admitted her to hospital overnight and eventually her temperature came down and she started to feed again. I was then told by a nurse to take her home quickly as she was more likely to catch something serious in hospital  :-\

Honeyb
x

CLKD

« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »

Thanks for the support.  I am keeping Well Away especially as we have a Family Do to endure I mean to attend at the weekend and that will be hard enough, being trapped in a hotel with food  :o

shezzy622

« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »

I can understand how you wanted to keep your kids home when there is a bug going around, I have a panic attack everytime I hear about the winter vomiting bug, I'm scared of the suddenness of it, it just starts with hardly any warning ...what happens if I'm out and suddenly it hits me , I don't like being sick but its the panicking of doing it in front of anyone that gets me :(

CLKD

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2011, 08:51:13 PM »

When shopping I carry a large 'bag for life' just in case  :-\ and the first thing I locate in shops are the waste bins under the tills or even buckets in stores which hold the flowers for sale or pails which are for sale - just in case  :'(

CLKD

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »

I've had a head cold which has irritated my stomach.  Logically I know my bowel and bladder are going to feel strange because for 2 days I didn't eat 'properly' but I feel weak and worried that it might be the 'bug' my friends suffered 2 weeks ago so can't eat, feel tired, my skin itches ............  :'(

littleminnie

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2011, 10:34:24 AM »

Sorry you are not well CKLD, cant you manage something to settle your stomach?  Flat coke is supposed to very good.
LM x

CLKD

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2011, 03:25:41 PM »

Thanks, LittleMinnie - rarely drink it so don't have any cans though a friend swears by it: with a bag of salty crisps  :sick02:   ........ I tried a cup of hot tea earlier and my gut did somersaults  >:( but have managed a small packet of mini-Cheddar biscuits and my gut feels more settled.  Himself is making chicken curry so I can pick on that for the next couple of days. 

CLKD

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2011, 09:32:09 PM »

Gosh haven' t heard of Arrowroot for years ....... hubby curried a chicken this evening so with heated rice it slipped down and I am beginning to feel more Human .......... throat is still sore though but gut has settled for a while.

Thanks you all .............

Blue

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2011, 11:51:44 AM »

Glad you are feeling a little better :foryou:

Blue xx

CLKD

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2011, 04:16:59 PM »

thanks - I felt hungry proper yesterday, so could eat for eating's sake and not to keep Himself from scowling at me

CLKD

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2011, 08:34:29 PM »

>:( meant I was unable to sleep whilst on holiday.  The first night I dropped off only to waken around 12.30 needing a pee which often makes me queasy but being away from home I immediately thought 'what if'.  So stayed awake so that I didn't wake suddenly ........ for hours!  It would have been better in the Summer 'cos I would have watched the view but it was dark  :(.  The 2nd night I kept awake until at least 4.00 a.m. in case I woke suddenly which meant my bladder was over-active which meant repeated trips for a pee.  3rd night the same.  I slept 10 hours straight on our return to our own bed.

Fortunately I didn't feel too hung over each day and didn't crave a doze in t he afternoons.  But it could have spoiled my holiday  :'( :-\

Taz2

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2011, 11:33:09 PM »

I'm the same CLKD so you have my sympathy. The nights are always the worse. It's as if I feel that if I relax then "the" bug will creep up on me and I will be sick! I find I am much better when I am on my own and don't have the worry about disturbing others should "it" happen. When I am in a house full of people then I am really anxious if I am in that frame of mind. The night is so QUIET and every sound is amplified and every little gurgle of the tummy can really cause stress.

I find that if I go to bed really late then I am much better so I sleep from around 1 till sort of 3 and then it's only three hours till getting up time. Once I get to 5 then I feel much more relaxed. I have been like this since I was a child so not much hope of it ever changing.

Taz x

CLKD

« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2022, 09:02:14 AM »

These days, unless I try to book a holiday, my issues are in the main, under control.  Spontaneously I can cope, needing to book ahead floors me  :'(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8