Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Hrt patches advice, please  (Read 721 times)

Cilla

• First Flush
Hrt patches advice, please
« on: March 25, 2019, 03:38:02 PM »

Hi, I'm new here, so hello everyone who reads this.

I would like to know if I am doing the right thing. I am living in Spain where the doctors seem very reluctant to prescribe HRT patches. I am 54 and still getting periods, along with terrible peri menopausal symptoms. A while back I was prescribed duofemme HRT in tablet form, but as I also suffer from terrible  hormonal migraines this did not help me at all as I got continuous headaches. I asked for patches and saw 3 or 4 different gynecologists but they wouldn't prescribe patches. After doing a lot of research I managed to work out which patches I needed and started buying over the counter (you can here) I'm basically taking the equivalent to Evorel Sequí. But today I had an annual gynecologist appointment and he is not happy. He insists I go off the patches and start on the tablets, I said I would but now I'm home I really don't want to. I have spent the last 2 hours checking I am on the right patches (14 days of estradiol then 14 days of estradiol plus norestisterona). Does anyone think that I should stick with the patches (excuse the pun) or not. Whatever I do I don't think I can start the tablets again. Sorry for the length of this post. Cilla x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Hrt patches advice, please
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »

We have a thread somewhere about buying HRT in Spain - I think.  I'll have a look-see and report back [if I remember  ;)]

Did it.  You might find some suggestions there.  Do you get back to the UK at all?  If so I would see if you can get the patches here, surely it's about the patient being comfortable and supported on the medication  :-\

Does the Gynae have any clout on what you buy over the counter?  What's he going to do if you continue and don't take his advice  ;)  ???

:welcomemm:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 03:51:36 PM by CLKD »

Cilla

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 06:50:08 PM »

Thanks I'll have a look at that post. And no, the Gynae really can't do anything about what I buy over the counter, so as long as my eco,  mamograph and bloods all come back okay I won't tell him ;)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 07:06:33 PM »

Neither would I - if it ain't broke, why alter what is suiting you  ::)

Perinowpost

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 07:31:22 PM »

Definitely stick with the patches Cilla. Transdermal is best, Patch delivery bypasses the liver so is better for you than tablets - your gynae is behind the times x

Cilla

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 08:08:49 PM »

Thanks all, I feel reassured now that I'm doing the right thing x