Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Cannot take hrt so starting ad’s  (Read 5932 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Cannot take hrt so starting ad’s
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2019, 08:30:11 AM »

........ and I have to be careful not to nudge DH  ;)

catlover68

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2019, 08:45:51 AM »

Hiya pants how are you today? Hope your feeling ok😀I'm on second day of 10mgs and feeling a bit dizzy and lightheaded but I think they are kicking in a bit as feeling slightly better. Just hope it carries on that way! Can I just ask what EFT tapping is please. Another thing I have started taking is 1000mg starflower oil capsules as these are meant to be good for women's hormones. I know your not wanting to take any additional medication but maybe for the future?

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »

Hey Catlover, glad you are feeling a bit better. How long did you take 1/2 tablets for, before going up to 10mg ?
I'm ok. I've managed to hoover the house and am doing some laundry. I might be able to find the energy to shave my legs later ... or not.
EFT is Emotional Freedom Technique. It uses tapping (with your fingers) on certain  accupuncture points. Its been used to relieve physical and emotional pain,  with a lot of success. Let me see if I can send you a link.
Is starflower oil better than evening primrose?

pants46

• Still Struggling

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2019, 03:22:26 PM »

Shave your legs  ;D - may I send mine over  ;).  It needs to be very hot for at least 3 months B4 mine consider showing themselves  :D

Evening primrose was recommended years ago to ease PMT ....... as was eating every 3 hours, 24/7.  It's the Trial and Error that I found so tiresome  >:(

Tc

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2019, 04:59:56 PM »

Pants. A few years ago when my flying anxiety was at its peak I decided to try the tapping technique.
I was tapping on my chest and deep breathing from the minute I got on the plane and just before take off the stewardess asked me if I needed a doctor. I think she thought I was having a heart attack. !!!

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2019, 05:39:31 PM »

May I giggle ......... that's another no, no - why spend time in a metal Smartie Tube with 100s of other farty, smelly people  :-\  :D

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2019, 05:42:42 PM »

Tc, good job you didnt start tapping on the under-boob spot. You'd get arrested for inappropriate behaviour these days.

Tc

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2019, 07:32:36 PM »

I love these Saturday posts on here. Its realy made me smile today.
Tapping your underboob in a metal smartie tin I bet no one has ever said that phrase. :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 07:34:45 PM by Tc »

catlover68

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2019, 11:33:22 PM »

Thanks for the link Pants,I shall take a good look at that tomorrow to see if I can put it into practice😀made me chuckle about you on the plane lol. I'm sure cabin crew have seen some sights in their job! I've had horrendous anxiety today and felt really spaced out :-\,think I may take 5mgs tomorrow as think the 10mgs was too much for me. I just think my body hates it when I introduce any form of medication. I'm trying to stay positive that this citalopram is going to work. I just want to feel normal again whatever that is lol. Nite nite x

Tc

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2019, 11:45:00 PM »

Na nite catlover. Hope you sleep well and feel better tommorow xxxx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2019, 01:12:34 AM »

I'm switching to taking it in the morning. So haven't taken this evening. Feel anxiety rising. But hope to sleep ... I'm exhausted.
Have taken the memory foam topper off the bed, again ... fingers crossed it makes a difference.
N nite all. xx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2019, 04:19:35 PM »

Hey Catlover. How are you ? Have you gone back up to 10mg yet ?

catlover68

« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2019, 09:08:07 PM »

Hi pants

Funny I was going to post today to see how you are but was so damn busy at work ::) I've been taking citalopram for a week now and I do feel a bit better. Still got crappy anxiety and tiredness though!  I'm now on 10 mgs and still experiencing a bit of dizziness after taking it in the mornings. My sleep has improved a bit thankfully. I'm gonna see how I get on with 10 mgs and will up to 15 mgs if needs be.

How's things with you? Have you upped to 10mgs? How are you feeling?

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2019, 09:36:02 PM »

Hey Catlover. In doing ok-ish. Still fatigued and wobbly on the legs. Sleep is disturbed, by getting too hot. But took some diazepam last night, so got about 7 hours uninterrupted ... relief. First time in 2 months.
Still only on 5mg of citalopram. But think I should go up to the full 10mg tomorrow. CLKD suggested cutting it in half and taking half in morning and half at night, as a first step to the full 10mg. Think that's a good idea.
Just going to try and get to 10mg. And not think much further ahead.
Glad you are seeing some improvement in your sleep. Hopefully the dizziness will wear off in the next couple of days.
My anxiety is a little better ... but I haven't left the house (apart from going to get food at the shop up the road). So haven't really challenged myself yet.
If you are leaving the house and doing a days work ... you are amazing. Pat yourself on the back  :) xx
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:37:36 PM by pants46 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4