Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: What niggles you enough to make you angry?  (Read 13360 times)

jaypo

Re: What niggles you enough to make you angry?
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 12:12:14 PM »

Oh thank goodness Stella,thought I was the only one,apparently the maths lady on countdown has a major issue with it too and she's young,so we can't just say we're grumpy old women 😆 although..........

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2019, 12:53:03 PM »

'welded to car seat' covers it exactly  ;D

Maxwin

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 06:02:11 PM »

I work in a very busy village shop/post office and atm its the same mainly elderly men who buy the same newspaper every day then moan about Brexit! Don't read about it if you are fed up with it all.  Also especially this time of year, men again i'm afraid who rush in to buy and post a mothers day card then complain about how much the card and stamp costs :(  I actually said to one man I would give anything to have my mum back just for one year to be able to give her a card.

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 06:05:16 PM »

Well done you!  It sometimes has to be said to remind others  ;)

JaneinPen

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2019, 09:56:24 PM »

On the car theme, people who park but leave their engine running.

Very environmentally damgeing.

There was a woman sitting in a car doing just this whilst I did my walk this morning. I just didn't have the B's to tell her off as today you just can't be sure of what to expect when confronting someone

ariadne

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2019, 10:28:31 PM »

On the subject of parking, I live in a small village of just 3 streets, one of which is a main  road. The houses are terraced houses and only half a dozen have drives. One side of the street has to park on the kerb as it's just impossible to drive through if they don't. When I first moved here over 30 years ago, only a few people had cars as there were a lot of elderly residents. Now most homes have at least 2 cars and not enough room to park. This has caused some neighbours to verbally abuse others who have parked outside their homes.

Recently we all had letters from the police stating that although in an ideal world, everyone would like to park outside their own house, it's just not possible and that as long as a car is taxed and insured and not causing an obstruction, it can be parked anywhere in the village. It also said that threatening and abusive behaviour towards others is a possible public order offence.

Ariadne xx

ariadne

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2019, 10:33:20 PM »

Not much makes me properly angry really. Silly things make me cross....like when you try to get one thing out of the wardrobe, it gets tangled up in the coat hanger next to it and then half a dozen other things fall down.  Now that does annoy me on a regular basis.

Rude and impatient people make me feel cross.

Petty rules and unnecessary regulations.

Road or lane closures with cones where no one is working for days on end

Ariadne xx

jaypo

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2019, 08:43:05 AM »

Oh yes,bad manners,especially by shop assistants who barely look at you at the checkout,no hello,please thank you or goodbye,doesn't cost anything to be polite

CLKD

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2019, 07:51:30 PM »

Next question then? What constitutes an 'obstruction'?  My local Police won't tell me.  I was told that the only person who can complain is a mother with a buggy .........  :-\

This morning there were 5 cars parked on a blind bend which meant drivers having to be on the wrong side of the road for a quarter of a mile with no pull-in.  All were parked the 'wrong' way, in a 30mph.

The Law still stands apparently but I can't find a Police man that will look 4 it - probably because it means doing some research in order to enforce an old Law.

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2019, 09:13:55 PM »

However in this area emergency services cannot access easily.  Two weeks ago a man died because there was no access for the fire brigade due to bad parking  :'(

An offence has been committed with regards parking on a blind corner.  This is a public road with buses etc. trying to access with safety.  Police drive by and simply don't look .........

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2019, 09:54:41 PM »

Absolutely, without a doubt, Bad Manners....
It costs nowt, and even when I'm in the most bad ass mood , I'm always polite!
Treat people how you'd like to be treated, is my motto!

Another one is, .....people knocking the door, asking for you take someone's parcel in....😡
NO!

Yorkshire Girl

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2019, 04:53:25 AM »

Parking on pavements has always been my bug bear, how some park is just selfish. Years ago when son was in a pushchair & living in Wales, I popped into Chepstow at bottom of hill there is a wide corner pavement, this particular day a car was parked on it so with a pushchair I had to go out onto road hoping no-one will come speeding down but when I looked to cross it happened to be a police car. They stopped let me walk on road safely then stopped went into shop where driver was and told to move car immediately - result!

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2019, 09:49:50 AM »

Ha! Brilliant YG

Robin

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2019, 10:13:01 AM »

The brexit thread.

Note to self: DO NOT 👀

:rofl:

How annoying that I 👀 at a thread that I know will annoy me

« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 10:22:29 AM by Robin »

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2019, 10:25:45 AM »

I'm with you Robin, on that one....😠.  😃
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7