Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: What niggles you enough to make you angry?  (Read 13346 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
What niggles you enough to make you angry?
« on: March 18, 2019, 07:26:14 PM »

On The 1 Show - what is the last thing that made you angry?

People parking outside my house without making sure that we aren't having visitors!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 08:11:34 PM by CLKD »

jillydoll

• Hiya
Re: What niggles you enough to make you angry?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 11:04:51 AM »

At the moment?    EVERYTHING!  😡 🙀

We've got double yellow outside our house, but it doesn't stop people parking on them!

Shadyglade

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 11:10:48 AM »

On The 1 Show - what is the last thing that made you angry?

People parking outside my house without making sure that we aren't having visitors!

I don't think they have to, on a public road CLKD.  If that happened in our road there would be nowhere to park at all.

Shadyglade

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 01:35:17 PM »

Some lad that works for a local scaffolding company, picks up another lad from our road, everyday between 6 and 6.30am. 

He thought is was a great lark to sound his horn repeatedly, as he went back down the road.   >:(

Very, very annoying, but a quick email to the company stopped it.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 01:37:28 PM »

Well done shadyglade.  :medal:

Stellajane - what happens to your refuse? If you look at your Council web-site it will tell you. We have a dedicated 'officer' to contact  ;)

They don't have to ask but it would be polite.  They don't know whether we are expecting visitors so where would they park? 

Today it's not having a safe place to pull off i.e. hard shoulder - many motorways have done away with them  :-\

Shadyglade

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 01:40:27 PM »

Well done shadyglade.  :medal:

Stellajane - what happens to your refuse? If you look at your Council web-site it will tell you. We have a dedicated 'officer' to contact  ;)

They don't have to ask but it would be polite.  They don't know whether we are expecting visitors so where would they park? 

Today it's not having a safe place to pull off i.e. hard shoulder - many motorways have done away with them  :-\

Re the hard shoulder CLKD.  The M20 is like that now all the way from Dover/Folkestone to Maidstone.  All because of 'Operation Brock'.  Now that annoys me.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »

I can't think that it's safe not to have a pull over area ........... I was watching a short clip yesterday where a lorry hit the rear of a vehicle which spun round and another lorry caught the car  :o which disintegrated ........ they all walked away with bruising  :o

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 08:28:31 PM »

Cones get moved around here and end up in hedges or on top of street lamps  ;D
We don't have many visitors.  My point is that if people asked, I wouldn't mind.  It niggles me that no-one is considerate enough to ask!

Shadyglade

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 08:31:31 PM »

I don't really care so long as the drive is not blocked.

The road is public highway. Anyone can park there unless it's a private road.

Shadyglade

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2019, 08:37:31 PM »

Ooh, parking on pavements, now that really Ps me off.

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2019, 10:14:41 PM »

The thing that seems to be sweeping the country is starting EVERYTHING you say with ....... SO.omg,I've even switched the tv off because of it 😡

Shadyglade

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2019, 08:23:27 AM »

Racial intolerance.

I just don't get it. We are all humans and individuals. Each culture and nation has its good and bad points but some just want scapegoats for their own problems.

That's been one of the very sad things about Brexit. Some people have used it as an excuse to be openly racist and there was a rise in hate crime straight after the referendum.  The rise of far right groups is frightening.  They really don't need any excuse to peddle their filth.

Very sad.

JaneinPen

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2019, 08:43:30 AM »

For me it is the blocking of our driveway. Our house is one of a very few on our street that has a long drive with gates at the end. Otherwise it is on street parking. That is okay but PLEASE leave our driveway clear and opposite it too as we still struggle to get out onto a fairly narrow road. Our neighbours are great and never block us in but others are not as thoughtful.  And like other ladies the cars that park half on the road and half on the pavement making it impossible for mums with prams or disabled people with scooters to get through. That's my rant over. Happy International Day of Happiness ladies!!!!

Shadyglade

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2019, 09:03:40 AM »

On the car theme, people who park but leave their engine running.

Very environmentally damgeing.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2019, 09:56:02 AM »

;D. there were headlines in the Press last week about that: Schools are going to ask parents to park elsewhere rather than polluting the atmosphere around the School Gates.  So we noted yesterday that out of the 11 cars waiting near our road - which blocks clear vision as it's on a corner -  7 had their engines running.   :-\. It wasn't cold.  It was 30 mins. B4 kick out ..........  >:(

You miss my point Hummdinger  :-\ and I believe that on the Statue Books is a Law which says that no one should park on the Queen's Highway.  At least that's what my Police Brother in Law tells me. 'to allow free movement of the Monach of the Day along the Highway'.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7