Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: IBS or BAM or Peptic Ulcer. Help. Pain & Can't Eat.  (Read 6665 times)

pants46

• Still Struggling
Re: IBS or BAM or Peptic Ulcer. Help. Pain & Can't Eat.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 08:43:06 PM »

Hey Jaypo.
I do have a fan by my bed. Its been there for years, for the white noise.
But I've been getting chills. So I go to bed with 2 hotwater bottles down one side and the fan going on the other. Trying to cover all eventualities  :)
But have been waking up at 5am every morning for about 4 weeks (2 weeks post surgery). Am not sweaty. But I guessed I was getting too hot. Even though the hot water bottles arent hot any more.
Will try without the mattress topper afain tonight. If I still can't get comfortable, it can go back on tomorrow.
As you say ... baby steps. And trial and error.

jaypo

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 09:20:47 PM »

Ha, I need the noise from  the fan too,just can't sleep without it,terrible isn't it.what a bunch we are,I switch my electric blanket on before I get washed as I'm usually cold before bedtime but by the time I've got washed etc I'm having a hot flush and bed too hot,there's no winning is there🙄

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 10:11:00 PM »

I don't need my fan anymore, no hot sweats anymore, but I can't sleep without it.
It far too quiet without it on.....strange, because, years ago, I couldn't stand any noise at all when trying to sleep. Funny how things change...

Our mattress topper done more harm than good for our backs....ours is off permanently now....xxx

pants46

• Still Struggling
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 06:15:19 PM »

So latest update - 1 week on from my first post ...
I did a proper poo on Saturday ... yey !! TMI possibly. But it was an important moment. Poops have remained proper since, although I still had the pain under my ribs. I think that was a rwzult of the probiotics.
Yesterday I did EFT (emotional freedom technique) and today the pain is gone. But I realised about mid morning that I didn't eat any apples yesterday. Previously I had been eating 1 or 2 a day, because it was the only think I could stomach whilst on the setraline.
So tonight I'm going to be tapping again. I'm going to keep taking probiotics (2 a day for now) and research which are the best for long term gut health. And I'm not going to eat any more apples !!
Thanks for all your support.
I'm going to post seperately about the sertraline, because I hijacked someone else's post a few days ago !!
Best. xx

jaypo

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 06:23:55 PM »

It really is trial and error,our gut is such a complex thing,my daughter has an ibd so we talk poop a lot 😳😂

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 06:45:43 PM »

Apples are acidic.  I can't be bothered to chew them.   Oranges too.  I can't stomach those but grapefruit don't give prolbems - however, due to statins I'm not allowed those  >:(

Keep up with the probiotics.  Once the bowel becomes regular any trapped wind which may have caused bruising under the rib-cage will ease.  Today I had a fast exit and felt quite queasy for about 20 mins. after but my belly felt less 'full'.  As my husband reminds me 'fart Girl, fart'  ;D

As for toppers: when they were first in the news his mother bought one - we couldn't abide sleeping on it.  Too hot.  Smelly.  Not at all comfortable.  Why would one want a memory mattress anyway  :-\ - might just as well fill a palliase with straw  ;)

jaypo

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 07:13:47 PM »

I've started the probiotic drinks now too clkd

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 07:25:24 PM »

Actimel - several pots a day. 

jaypo

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 07:33:13 PM »

Yep,it's actimel,they taste nice too,there was another lady on here who recommended kefir?have you heard of that? I saw it in Tesco today,either a drink or yogurt

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2019, 08:08:23 PM »

YUK! don't fancy it  :-X but it is supposedly good for the gut.  I think that it's the colour  :o

Joaniepat

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2019, 08:41:32 PM »

Yep,it's actimel,they taste nice too,there was another lady on here who recommended kefir?have you heard of that? I saw it in Tesco today,either a drink or yogurt

I drink half a glass of kefir most days, so it could have been me who mentioned it! It's a sort of yogurty drink but fermented. Very good for the innards. I understand it makes a palatable smoothie with a banana for those who don't like it neat.

CLKD, the colour of kefir is white! Why would that be off-putting?

JP x

jaypo

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2019, 08:55:24 PM »

Oh maybe it was you JP,it's quite expensive,do you know what the difference is between it and actimel'the yogurt is 0% fat and I think 0% sugar

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2019, 09:16:34 PM »

Oh thanks hummdinger,sorry, I couldn't remember 🤪🤪
Do you think the yogurt would be just as good?

jaypo

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2019, 09:35:17 PM »

Yes I just read the link,thank you,I'd love to try and make it myself,seems pretty easy...........she says 😆

CLKD

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2019, 01:38:12 PM »

That which I have looked at were green  :o  :-X
Pages: 1 [2] 3