Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Is this VA or something else  (Read 786 times)

Lizzie06

Is this VA or something else
« on: March 15, 2019, 09:25:24 AM »

Last night I had soreness and ****ly sensations around the vulva. It came on during the day and got worse by the evening. I have experienced this before and the only way I found helps to relieve the soreness is to drink lots of water to flush the system. Once I go for a pee I get a period of relief from the soreness but it returns, so I keep drinking water and take numerous trips to the loo until the soreness and ****ly sensations have gone (which can take several hours) so I can go to bed and get some sleep.
I don't get any stinging when I pee or any bladder urges.  I use multi gyn and yes moisturiser which unfortunately don't relieve the soreness.  I'm on evorel conti half patch. 
On previous occasions I have seen the GP and been put on antibiotics for an infection but I don't want to keep taking antibiotics.
It seems to come on out of no where. Is there anything I can do to prevent this? Any help or advice would be welcome.
TIA

Dancinggirl

Re: Is this VA or something else
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 10:31:40 AM »

VA can present itself in many different ways but a flora imbalance can cause a lot of discomfort generally. Wearing tight trousers, getting over hot around the intimate area, not drinking enough water etc can all cause irritation.   Antibiotics can actually make things worse if there isn't an infection present anyway - urine samples should always go to the lab for full testing. Sadly these types of symptoms are very common.  You are finding strategies to help manage the situation when it arises - perhaps see if there is anything that triggers this problem so you can avoid it. You may well benefit from local oestrogen but it is a range of strategies that help to keep us comfortable around our ‘lady bits'. I've been having problems for 20 years now - I really empathise.  DG x