Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anxiety  (Read 8333 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anxiety
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2019, 07:53:40 AM »

We had a 'dog breed' thread, do join in  :scottie:

Mine is background because my routine is 'out' today plus a few issues with Mum's health  :-\

Poppi

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2019, 08:03:02 PM »

Aww CLKD
     hope your day has improved and your Mum is feeling a bit better too.

Poppi x

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2019, 08:03:54 PM »

:thankyou:

Tiny

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 08:56:33 PM »

Hope your mum's ok CLKD, thanks for all the replies think it's good to talk to others it's really trial and error with supplements my sleep really is causing me the biggest problem !!!

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 10:44:53 PM »

Lack of sleep - nowt to do with the puppy though  ;)

Hurdity

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 08:35:04 AM »

That would not be an 'alternative' though. That would be a pharmaceutical product.

Any alternative to HRT is just that - an "alternative" whether in quotes or not!! This section is for any and all alternatives to HRT for menopausal symptoms including walking and lifestyle measures as well as prescribable pharmaceutical treatments, and also HRT if that is relevant!

Hurdity x

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 08:39:46 AM »

Hi Tiny

sorry to hear you are still suffering - you mentioned taking your mind off the HRT that you take and that Citalopram has stopped the hot flushes, but HRT didn't?

The thing is if you are on HRT and still getting flushes then it is this that really needs adjusting before taking anti-depressants (for anxiety) or even minerals like Magnesium (as long as you have a healthy balanced diet). The right HRT dose and type should stop your flushes. Once you are settled on that and you stilll have residual symptoms then maybe start thinking about other ways to help your anxiety ( like your puppy!!!). Otherwise you don't know what's what and the HRT is not doing any good if not helping your flushes?

Can we help you find the right one so that you feel better?

Hurdity x

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2019, 08:41:05 AM »

If the AD has stopped the flushes then what's the problem?  Some ADs have been found to be beneficial for those with flushes and some don't like taking HRT.  It's a matter of choice.  Surely  ???

Shadyglade

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2019, 08:49:29 AM »

That would not be an 'alternative' though. That would be a pharmaceutical product.

Any alternative to HRT is just that - an "alternative" whether in quotes or not!! This section is for any and all alternatives to HRT for menopausal symptoms including walking and lifestyle measures as well as prescribable pharmaceutical treatments, and also HRT if that is relevant!

Hurdity x

Some women choose to avoid HRT and prefer to use more "Natural "methods to deal with menopausal symptoms

https://www.menopausematters.co.uk/remedies.php

I wouldn't have thought pharmaceuticals qualified as 'Natural'.  Well that's my personal opinion anyway. If i'm allowed one, that is.

Also re-reading Tinys post it looks as if she is looking for a 'Natural' product.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 09:37:10 AM by Shadyglade »

CLKD

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 11:40:52 AM »

Many pills are synsthesied from wild plants from across the World  :-\

Holsy

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »

I take A.Vogel Avena Calm - it does take the edge off & I take dormeasan at bed time. All natural.  I have just started reflexology and am considering hypnotherapy. Anxiety is the worst, but I know that once I start to sleep then the anxiety should reduce. Perhaps this will be the same for you. I am trying melatonin tonight as that seems to work for a lot of people and is primarily used by people who work shifts or who are jet lagged.

I have been on citalopram in the past and it does make you feel worse before you start to feel better. Do you need citalopram for the meno anxiety? As others have said you perhaps need to work on your hrt doses which is really difficult to work out I know. How long have you been on hrt?

I didn't realise about the magnesium citrate....so I will stop that as I am loose too, but thought it was just the meno rubbish. So thank you. 

Sending you big hugs and hoping you get the correct support from friends, family and doctors. Be assured that things will improve, so just hang in there. xx

Pages: 1 [2]