Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gallbladder issues?  (Read 5854 times)

Jenna

Re: Gallbladder issues?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 10:11:25 AM »

Could you ring your private healthcare company and explain the situation to them i.e. that you have already been referred on the NHS and have to wait five weeks for a scan and that you have had terrible pain and are losing weight etc. That might be enough information for them to help you or they could at least advise you.

Jeepers

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 12:38:58 PM »

Hi

thanks for the replies,  I'll try to ring them this evening. I am really scared that the GP(s) are totally fed up with me, and I will get struck off. I am happy to invoke my health insurance, I don't understand why the GP said no, as it would get me off his, and the NHS back.

I feel like my anxiety is me in a pinball machine.  I bounce from one terrible thought to another, and then back again. Logically, I know what will be will be, and there are things I can't control, but there is a disconnect from emotional/physical and logical

thank you, I'm so sorry to be such an annoying person

Jeepers
xx

Shadyglade

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 01:01:54 PM »

You are not annoying at all, just stressed, and we have all been there.

Take care and good luck.

Jenna

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 01:15:50 PM »

Perhaps he didn't realise you actually had private healthcare and thought you would have to pay for the scan yourself. He could have just been trying to save you money. Just a thought, anyway, Jeepers.

Good luck!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2020, 09:25:09 AM »

Morning.  I woke in the early hours with a strange pain in my mid-chest and right side, radiating into the lower R jaw and temple.  I've had this intermittently for several years.  It lasts 20-45 mins..  No actual wind to move  :-\

Can you describe your pains?  Tnx.

dahliagirl

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 11:52:08 PM »

CLKD - I would just go and ask for a scan.  A friend had 'discomfort' rather than pain, especially at night - saw the doctor and had a scan and it did turn out to be gallstones.  I don't think it needs to be particularly painful to get it checked out.

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 08:33:34 AM »

:thankyou: :foryou: :foryou:

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 11:41:04 AM »

Tnx.  It is something that has happened for years.  Not often and I usually forget the next day  ::) and no problems in the night.  I have indigestion but this is slightly different feeling and in a different place. 
Pages: 1 [2]