Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mirtazapine  (Read 7993 times)

racjen

Re: Mirtazapine
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 12:55:30 PM »

Apparently with mirtazapine it's the usual reaction while you're on the lower introductory dose, then after a week you go up to the higher maintenance dose and the dozyness wears off. Hope so....x

Blot

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »

Good luck with these Racjen. I was on them a few years ago and had no start up effects to speak of.

I hope you are able to tolerate them and find some relief x

Milamam

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2019, 11:24:43 PM »

Good luck, Racjen - I am sure the drowziness in the mornings will subside within day or two. It is a great step forward that you don't feel so anxious already. Keep posting, we are thinking of you!
Milamam xxx

racjen

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2019, 11:06:37 AM »

No, I get the impression that the drowsiness is an expected side-effect of the lower dose and it won't wear off util the dose is increased. I'm not counting my chickens yet, as my track record with ADs is not good - 3 days is no indication of whether I'll be able to tolerate them once they build up. Hopefully it'll be unproblematic this time, but we can react so differently to drugs like this your experience and mine may very well be completely different xxx

Milamam

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2019, 05:08:50 PM »

Yes, we are all very different but trust yourself and it will work! In fact when I started mirt, I called my doctor the second day to say I feel drowzy in the mornings. He assured me it will go away in a day or two, and it did. Placebo or what, I felt great from day three. This too shall pass! If you see a reduction in your other symptoms, then the pill is doing its job!

Xxx

racjen

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2019, 10:29:15 PM »

YEs but that is just your individual reaction, and it sounds like you've been very lucky - some people suffer quite severe side-effects from ADs, myself included, and for some people they simply don't work. That's just scientific fact, nothing to do with trusting yourself. To be feeling great from Day 3 is, to be honest, pretty unusual; you wouldn't normally expect to start seeing a noticeable improvement until a couple of weeks in. And my doctor warned me that the drowsiness is usual at the lower dose and doesn't normally go until the dose is increased.

racjen

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2019, 01:36:48 PM »

Hi Birdy

well, I've got through one week on 15mg - was feeling tired but much the same until yesterday, when I started to feel more depressed. Today I just can't be bothered to do anything, don't really feel anything much, just trying to get through the day. This week I have to go up to 30mg; then I'm told it can take up to 6 weeks to feel a beneficial effect - god, I might as well just hibernate and come out at the end of April, hopefully Spring will've sprung by then x

Milamam

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2019, 01:53:19 PM »

How was your sleep during these days?
Milamam

racjen

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2019, 02:57:20 PM »

Better than it had been before, but still pretty broken up - I never sleep for a solid 6 hours. Last night was terrible - awake for hours, and then when I did sleep some really horrible dreams. what frustrates me most though is that I can't sleep during the day, no matter how tired I feel....

racjen

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »

Thanks, this is the longest I've managed to stay on any AD so far, so really hoping going up to the higher dose doesn't bugger things up...x

Milamam

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2019, 05:23:53 PM »

Fingers crossed it will work for you!
Big hugs,
Milamam

Tc

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2019, 10:13:11 AM »

Fingers crossed too racjen. I know what the first 2 weeks can be like and you've got  one week under your belt nowXxxx

Jeepers

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2019, 12:20:29 PM »

Yes racjen,  we are all  rooting for you

Jeepers x

Milamam

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 01:22:54 PM »

How are you today, racjen?

racjen

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 02:46:18 PM »

I'm so touched you're all looking out for me - thanks everyone.

Today is the start of week 2 and the first day on the higher dosage (ie 30mg rather than 15mg). Feeling extremely groggy today - hoping that it'll wear off within a few days though, as they say it doesn't have this effect at the higher dosage. My body obviously doesn't know that - typical! Had a better night's sleep than I have for quite a while though so there is an upside, hope that bit doesn't wear off. Moodwise feeling OK and anxiety definitely reduced. Please please let this last.....xxx
Pages: 1 [2] 3