Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 75 out now. (Spring issue, March 2024)

media

Author Topic: Busting for the loo...or has hrt helped you!?  (Read 1170 times)

Turkish delight

Busting for the loo...or has hrt helped you!?
« on: February 23, 2019, 02:20:59 PM »

Hia Guys!

So I have noticed that I'm busting for the loo more these days.

I have never had any bladder weakness issues, but lately at times there's an urgency to dash for the porcelain. Luckily when it's come on fast I'm at home and not in the middle of a mall or somewhere away from the toilets.(I have a reoccurring nightmare that I need to pee and can't find any clean, private or usable toilet, so the struggle is real.) I find there are two kinds of pee situation I find myself in.
One is the slow burn, you can hold it in for some time and have it under control.
Second type comes on instantaneously with no build up, and its the mad dash, it's coming I need to go now.

Looking at a couple of youtube vids where one Doc says the urgency to urinate is caused by lack of oestrogen in the urinary tract. This makes me feel like replacing the oestrogen via hrt will help with this issue. Link under here with timestamp 9.39.

https://youtu.be/EwjLP9O1inw

The looking at another vid this time by Doctor C, which states that whilst other meno symptoms will improve given time, the urgency and frequency of urination can most times be an ongoing issue always needing treatment.

Timestamp 4.25
https://youtu.be/o1zD-UvLvDM

Bit confused! So are we to think that hrt helps in this regard, and only whilst on it? Or doesn't it help at all? What has been your experience?

Any input would be grand!

TD

Pinkjan4288

Re: Busting for the loo...or has hrt helped you!?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 04:54:46 PM »

im on oestrogen gel and its helped immensely.
I no longer have to plan where I am going when i'm out. I don't get up in the night anymore either.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 05:14:18 PM »

Do read our threads on vaginal atrophy.  The way to go is localised treatment, some ladies use 'sylc' or 'yes' products too and occasionally require other forms of HRT to back it up.  Let us know how you get on!

suzysunday

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 06:35:31 PM »

And yes you will need to treat it constantly if you have vaginal atrophy. Yes, being a woman is crap!

Justkeepswimmin

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 06:39:40 PM »

My urinary frequency is much improved with oral HRT!  I could t go an hour without feeling like I had to go.

dahliagirl

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 08:42:25 PM »

HRT and vagifem has helped me ( I have tried each on its own and have found I need both - total bladder deluge  :( )

Also, drinking plenty of water during the day - if my bladder is irritable, I spend a day with a glass of water at hand, with all my usual tea breaks, and find this helps stretch and settle my bladder (tip gleaned from the Enuresis clinic when one of my children went)

Turkish delight

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »

:bighug: Cheers girls, so grateful for all your experiences! :bighug:

I have lots to learn, & hope I can start helping others soon with what I pick up along the way.

:peace:

TD