Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Anyone tried HRT for PCOS and severe anxiety?  (Read 858 times)

PJRiley

Anyone tried HRT for PCOS and severe anxiety?
« on: February 22, 2019, 12:56:21 PM »

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I don't want to overload you with too many details, but in short I've got PCOS and experiencing various troubling symptoms. I know Menopause Matters is focused on the menopause (clue is in the name!), but some of the symptoms I've had sound similar, even though I'm 32 and had premature ovarian failure ruled out. I would get night sweats before and during each period, irregular periods, and I've been on antidepressants since I was 18 for anxiety, severe panic attacks and depression.

I started HRT back in June 2018 and was initially feeling better, but since around October it's not been as effective. I changed the dose in September (decreased the Utrogestan), then went back to my original regime at the end of October because I felt like I was going insane. I thought I'd turned a corner last month but I'm experiencing severe anxiety again to the point I can't work and it's been four months now. My antidepressants, which were working well for over a year, seem to be doing nothing now. Has anyone had any similar experiences? I'm on Estradot (100mcg continuous) and Utrogestan (100mg/night for 21 days out of a 28-day cycle). It's like I'm still recovering from when I originally adjusted the regime.

I feel really alone and not at all myself at the moment :(

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Anyone tried HRT for PCOS and severe anxiety?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:17:31 PM »

You're not alone anymore  :foryou:

I think that there is support for your condition but I can't remember the exact Charity ........

Anxiety can be relieved by appropriate medication.  I take a beta-blocka at night to stop early morning surges as well as having an emergency drug as necessary.  Regardless of causation: hormones or situation : once under control one can see the wood for the trees (what ever that means  ::) ).  I have used deep breathing to control anxiety and singing is really good as one can't shallow breath whilst singing  :D