Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Time of day for gel application  (Read 5301 times)

hereandthere

Time of day for gel application
« on: February 19, 2019, 05:45:26 AM »

Hi Everybody
Has anyone heard the advice before that you shouldn't split estradiol gel application time and it must always be in the morning in line with circadian rythms?
I'm suspicious when someone has something to sell and this man is a nurse and naturopath, not a doctor. I'm splitting my dose morning and evening so wondering if real doctors have ever weighed in on this claim.
https://www.yourhormones.com/take-hormones-once-in-the-morning/

Dotty

Re: Time of day for gel application
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 09:03:27 AM »

Hi I believe it is recommended to take Oestrogel in the morning and to apply if all at once.Thats what I do.

However, some people say differently 😄 x

Ladybt28

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 03:21:27 PM »

I put my gel on in the mornings and always have done but I do know that some consultants and ladies on the forum split their doses. For example if you are on 4 pumps of oestrogel then 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.  It seems that some ladies feel a drop off later in the day, even when they do all 4 say in the morning so they split the dose.

I'm not sure that it has anything to do with circadian rythms, just how each individual's body processes the gel.  To be honest there is no real right or wrong way just what suits your body, hereandthere

hereandthere

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 05:23:11 AM »

Hmm wondering if it makes sense to apply utrogestan at night due to sleepiness and the estrogel in the morning. Right now I'm doing two pumps at night, one in the morning. Thanks for your input ladies. I' just trying to maximize my somewhat poor absorption. But I think the extra pump I just started is helping me, just wish the bloating would stop.

Ladybt28

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 10:13:37 AM »

hereandthere - normal prescribing says oestrogel in the morning utrogestan at night.  Primarily because oestrogel is the feel good hormone and utrogestan can have a sedative effect and so can help sleeplessness if you suffer from it.  As I said it is possible to split the oestrogel dose morning and night but I would defo go with the utrogestan at night, it is so much easier to deal with at night vaginally or orally.

hereandthere

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 08:22:10 PM »

Thanks, I am sticking with the utrogestan at night but maybe I could change to 2pumps of estrogel by day and one at night, seeing as I'm doing the opposite right now.
Xx