Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Banking and postal services  (Read 5209 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Banking and postal services
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 11:01:57 AM »

The issue with the tracked package which was delivered to DH but to the wrong address in another village - rumbles on.  He had the usual 'sorry you have had to contact us' reply so has sent one today, stating that the problem seems endemic across the Royal Mail industry.  As we now have a 3rd signed for delivery that hasn't arrived at the destination.  He has also told them that if the Company is ISO documented, then he wouldn't pass the Company at Audit ........ he awaits a response.

As for the 3rd envelope sent by Recorded Delivery I put our post code and house number on the back so it should by now, have been returned.  It's going to a row of Victorian Terrace houses [I did a google walk B4 posting it] and the recipient [not] has knocked on the neighbours' doors.  However, other delivery Companies put a card through the door when they leave a parcel ........

It's going to be quicker and cheaper to deliver next time! 

CLKD

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »

R U keeping up?

DH has had 2 responses from Royal Mail re the missing cheque supposedly delivered to an address in Cardiff.  However the recipient didn't sign nor receive it.

2 responses are obviously automatic: sorry you have had to contact us about this matter and giving a reference number: different on each reply! They admit that 'in this instance we have failed to deliver your package' and have offered us a free book of stamps  :o which we have refused having been advised that if we accept this, it closes the issues.

DH has replied, asking for the envelope to be returned to us as it has a cheque inside.  He also put some legal wording on his reply too.

At what point does this become Fruad?  PO have accepted, on behalf of Royal Mail, monies for a first class stamp and recorded delivery to a specific address !!  But they have failed to deliver, nor are they offering to find said item ............ nor have they indicated that they actually know which delivery person handled the envelope, even though it's been signed for - but not by the recipient.

With regards the other issue of important tracked mail being delivered to the wrong address in another village  >:( ..........

Jeepers

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2019, 12:17:30 PM »

I've not written a cheque for years.  Funnily enough Solicitors use them all the time.

That's so they can slow things down as much as possible  ::)

I worked on the payments platform of a major bank last year.  the banks are trying to implement something called "faster cheques", which would be almost instant crediting of cheques to cleared funds.  Better not say too much more, don't want to vioalate my NDA!  not sure if its live yet, as I finished there last year.

Jeepers x

CLKD

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 12:15:18 PM »

Well the upshot is that Royal Mail simply don't accept the problem of missing package, sent to my nephew: signed for, therefore delivered  :-\.  But not to him.  But the delivery person can't [apparently] remember where he left the package from us.   :bang:

So - how can we send packages in future that need a signature 'cos sure as Hell we aren't going via Royal Mail!

When other carriers can't get a signature they take a note of where they have left items as well as putting a card through the door letting people know!  DH has suggested that Royal Mail looks at how other Companies deal with left items and maybe incorporate it into their working practices.  My sister sent a letter from the Guardian, written by a man in Hereford who is also having the same problems with paying out £6.50 but his item has gone missing  :-\

So be warned!

Two hoots

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 02:16:20 PM »

My sister ordered a garden bench from an online popular website, she got home from work to find a card saying "you were out when we tried to deliver" from the delivery company, not the Royal Mail this time. When she phoned she was told it was left with a neighbour but didn't know which one, after checking with the neighbours she couldn't find it, so phoned again only to be told it was pushed through her letterbox  :o takes some skill to get a 6' bench through a letterbox  ;D

She did get a full refund, but I suspect there may be lots of missing parcels furnishing someone's home ?

CLKD

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 06:00:04 PM »

:bang: :bang:  it was signed for so therefore it was delivered.

Royal Mail has large lorries on our roads daily stating that they 'deliver 10,000 parcels safely ' - what it doesn't say is 'not necessarily to the correct addresses'

We had a rogue postman in our street but he never targeted us.  He was eventually sussed and served 4 years.  We didn't fall out over it, he was 'trying to get back' at the organisation for various reasons.  So as you suggest ....... someone not being home is an open invitation for a post person to do their C.mas shopping throughout the year, do they even try to deliver  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2019, 03:02:07 PM »

How about Data Protection Act?  Pension people have sent our Winter Fuel payment information.  But they seem to have got us muddled with my Mother's home.  DH wrote to explain her situation in that she no longer requires her payments.  But they sent both letters: hers and ours: to our address ........... and haven't got the details correct!

DH has waited 25 mins. to get a reply and is now talking to someone.  This is the same Pension office that a few months ago sent Power of Attorney documents to him at a different address in a village 5 miles away.   :-\

CLKD

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2019, 03:06:56 PM »

OK - so even though Mum is in a Care Home and regardless that her property is for sale: because she is over 80 and gets a State Pension she is entitled to half a Winter Fuel payment  :-\ ...... no mention that she should contribute to the Care Home's coffers ....... no wonder the Country is short of money  ;D.

I think it should be Means Tested. 
Pages: 1 [2]