Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Depression femoston 2/10 please help  (Read 3351 times)

Fruit loop

Depression femoston 2/10 please help
« on: February 16, 2019, 11:59:06 AM »

I've started a new thread in the hope of getting some help/advice/support.I started on femoston 1/10 last October after previously being on everol patches and uterogestan.(I was on a continuous regime and the uterogestan was causing anxiety). I had stopped all hrt in September and crashed into an overwhelming depression. The femoston has helped and there are days when I felt I was almost back to my old self but there always seemed to be a bit of me missing. I was suffering cold flushes and periods of anxiety.Ive done cbt,meditation and currently hypnotherapy to help and was starting to feel a bit more positive when suddenly out of the blue I woke feeling very low and depressed and could not get out of it. It felt almost physical.I saw the Gp this week and she put me on femoston 2/10. By the second day I actually felt amazing but now on day 5 and I must say I feel so down again . I'm really at the end of my tether my husband is great but it feels our lives are on hold and I have no desire to carry on like this. I'm off work yet again!! Will the hrt eventually help or should I go back to the GP and start antidepressants?

nightmare

Re: Depression femoston 2/10 please help
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 02:54:59 PM »

Hi Fruit Loop,

So sorry to hear you are feeling so low.  Welcome to my club.  I have been per-menopausal for a few years.  I have not had a period now for over 2 years so now post it.  I have been on various HRTs prescribed by my GP, together with various anti-depressants.... but all in all none of them worked great.  I have actually had enough of going to GP's who actually really dont know enough about this whole menopause so I have decided to go to a private Gynachologist in Harley Street.  I have already posted this info in another thread.  Apparently they are at the top of their game under a gynachologist called Dr. Panay who my friend attends.  I am hoping that he will help me because my depression is very bad.  I have absolutely not a single interest in anything..... I get enjoyment out of nothing in my life.  I have actually justed watched a video of Carol Voderman who had severe depression with the menopause and went to a Gynachologist called Professor Studd (who I think is now retired) and she said within 24 hours of his treatment her depression had completely gone.  I doubt she would say such a thing so publicly if it were not the case so this is the route I am going down and this is my only hope. She was prescribed bio-identical hormone treatment in gel form.   It will be expensive but I dont care.... I just need proper treatment.  I used fermoston previously and it didnt really do anything for me.

Hope this helps.  I will post again once I have seen Dr. Bose on 5th March.

xx

Emerald2017

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 11:52:38 AM »

I am on Femoston 2/10 too. I didn't notice any change at my mood, no depression or anxiety. Maybe your depression has other causes and not because of hormones. I feel the same as before Meno, maybe a bit better cause I have no symptoms. Hope it helps!

Golden retriever

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 01:07:13 AM »

Hi Fruitloop
I started on femoston 1/10 then 3 months later on 2/10 3 years ago.
Everything was great especially for the first 4 months
Fast forward 3 years. I was still on 2/10 and during the summer, my dog died, major depression etc. tried another regime including patches and felt worse.
Went back to femoston 2/10, now 5 months later, feel much better now, Had on and off depression type episodes , thought I needed ads but didn't.
Feel the best I have for years now, it just takes time.
Preserve honestly.
It will get better
Give yourself a 4 month limit, if you still feel the same, try another regime
Hope this helps
Xx GR