Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: MRI scan fluid in the womb  (Read 1391 times)

Jax2311

MRI scan fluid in the womb
« on: February 12, 2019, 09:53:23 PM »

Evening all

Has anyone experience fluid in the womb post menopause?

I've not had a period for 3 years and over last couple of weeks had spotting.  I also noticed a little bit of discharge just like i used to get at time of ovaluation each month.

The GP arranged for me to see Gynie this week (very quick) and the Hysteroscopy.  The gynie was concerned that my uterus was full of fluid which he drained and he's done a biopsy on the cervix and uterus.  More worryingly is he has referred me for an MRI scan.  Now i know this is an expensive procedure and this has scared the hell out of me.

Has anyone else out their experienced fluid in the womb?

I'm hoping the results from the biopsy and appointment come through soon.  I'm not sure i can cope with the stress of waiting.

Many thanks in advance

Salad

Re: MRI scan fluid in the womb
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 11:51:50 PM »

No experience but just wanted to say sorry you are going through this worry and also impressed with the care you are receiving - it sounds like the NHS working at its best for you.

:foryou:

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: MRI scan fluid in the womb
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 03:54:28 PM »

MRIs are used daily in many specialities.  Seems like you are getting proper follow-through the system.

Maybe make a list of your worries to ask when you go for the MRI?   Could you take a cancellation appt., do ring the Dept to let them know if you can.  Then they will ring if someone fails to show.