Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Side effects of a evorel conti  (Read 2295 times)

barnes1408

Side effects of a evorel conti
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:49:28 AM »

Hi I started on these patches about 10 weeks ago. Almost immediately my flushes and night sweats stopped which was brilliant however I have terrible reflux somethig I've never had before also I feel very bloated and have terrible wind which seems constant and embarrassing. My boobs have also started hurting a little at times and last 2 week's I've been so stressed and emotional so much so I burst into tears at work, really not like me. I've just started having palpitations. I am 57 had had the inner of womb lasered about 8 years ago so haven't had periods since... I'm tempted to try a different patch. Any advice  would be good as I'm feeling pretty miserable 

jaypo

Re: Side effects of a evorel conti
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 03:42:17 PM »

Hi Barnes,so sorry you're feeling miserable at the moment,I'm not on hrt so can't advise but re wind and reflux,peppermint is good for wind,ie Rennies or colperman tabs but if it's really bad best speak to gp.heart palpitations are something I suffer from,it's been mentioned on here before that magnesium tabs are worth a shot.
Anyway,welcome to forum,hope you find the help you're looking for,if you pop something in search,ie reflux,it will show you the relevant threads.take care

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 08:31:41 PM »

Hi Barnes1408.
Reflux is common on hrt, so is bloating and wind, although I don't think doctors would say that....lol
I've had, and still get wind, and acid reflux , which does settle after a while, only to return!
Boobs often hurt if there's too much oestrogen, but then some ladies boobs settle too,
I had sore boobs when on Sandrena gel, which eventually got too much for me, so I stopped it. I take Femoston Conti now, which suites me fine.
If you think you need to change your hrt because of these side effects, then do so, they do say to stay on for 3/6months to see if your body adjusts, but only you can tell that by how much they bother you....xxx

Gio Payne

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 09:53:06 AM »

I am on evorel conti since July/August (7 months) I am 49 and still having periods; night sweats and painful joint symptoms have disappeared quickly, so I am happy; but periods continue and read somewhere they should stop on this treatment? In fact I am now also experiencing breakthrough (more than just spotting, full on quite heavy 'black' blood) halfway through the cycle. This was totally unexpected. Has this happened to anyone? Also I wanted to know if I can have baths -I normally love my baths at night before going to bed- or does the hot water affect the patch? Thanks
Gio

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 10:10:00 AM »

Hi Gio Evorel Conti is for post menopausal women . If you are still having periods you should be on a different hrt x

Gio Payne

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 11:19:44 AM »

thanks, I actually made a mistake, I am on evorel sequi! (I was looking on the one actual patch I am on now, which is conti x

Dotty

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 11:23:20 AM »

Hi...that makes sense xx

Evorel Sequi will not make your periods stop. x