Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Author Topic: Mirena coil  (Read 2218 times)

Loretta

Mirena coil
« on: February 12, 2019, 01:38:52 PM »

Hi everybody, this is my first post. My doctor has suggested I try the mirena coil with oestrogen patches to reduce the menopause symptoms I am experiencing. Have any of you tried this and what were the pros and cons? Thanks 😊.

PS: I'm exhausted and miserable!

Dotty

Re: Mirena coil
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 08:11:48 AM »

Hi the Mirena coil and oestrogen patches are a very good combination . Give it a go x

Perinowpost

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 08:38:25 AM »

Hi Loretta

Type Mirena into the search box and it'll give you past threads on this subject x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »

You had advice.   Perhaps you forgot the title of your thread, that happens to me often  ::).

Do put the product name into the search box - if you have stayed around - and see what threads pop up.

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 10:17:59 AM »

Loretta...I hope you are still reading this thread.  I am sorry that your post didn't receive any replies yesterday.  This forum is brilliant and will really help you if you give it time xx

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 11:06:22 AM »

Loretta...I hope you are still reading this thread.  I am sorry that your post didn't receive any replies yesterday.  This forum is brilliant and will really help you if you give it time xx
Yes I hope that you haven't left the forum. I can't advise on the Mirena coil but find the forum very helpful.

Rosie63

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 01:07:19 PM »

Welcome to the forum Loretta.  It would be a shame if you've left as I've found the support and info I've received from the lovely ladies here to be invaluable since joining 18 months or so ago.

Sometimes it can take a little while to read and reply to posts as most of us only go on the site intermittently due to other normal life commitments.

I can't help with your Mirena question because I've never had one but I do have a friend who's had one for many years and has had no problems at all.

Wishing you.

Rosie63

Ladybt28

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 05:34:38 PM »

Hi Loretta,
I didn't see the original post either.  Unfortunately I had a mirena for a while well before meno for contraception purposes and found it unsuitable because my body doesn't like continuous progesterone.  I too like Birdy get mega depressed when it is given continuously and I had it removed after about 2 months and went back to a normal copper coil.  Now I am post meno I still cannot deal with continuous progesterone.

The thing is you wont know until you try if you have never had one before although I would say that if you have been given continuous progesterone in any other format and not tolerated it well, it could be a good indicator that you wouldn't do well with continuous progesterone through a mirena.

racjen

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 06:46:28 PM »

Hi Loretta,
sorry, I didn't see your original post or I would've replied - it can get very busy on here and posts do sometimes get bumped down to the bottom without anyone noticing. It's happened to me, there's a lot of us on here needing help so don't take it personally. I've had a huge amount of support at times when I've been desperate and there was absolutely no-one else around who uderstood.

On the subject of the Mirena, you don't say whether you've tried other regimes first. I certainly wouldn't try it as a first option - it's possible you might hit lucky and find it's ideal for you, but I and many others on here find continuous progesterone intolerable, even in the supposedly small amounts contained in a Mirena, and even if your doctor tries to claim otherwise it does still reach the brain and so can have mood-altering effects. I had to have mine taken out after 3 days as it was making me so panicky, but I do seem to have a problem with progesterone in general - might not be the case for you. Have you tried other progestins first?

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2019, 12:54:51 PM »

Come back, come back Loretta......😫
We're very sorry about not responding to your post.....don't take it to heart....😔
As you can see, loads of ladies have responded now.....
We understand your frustration.....keep posting....

:bighug:

Xxx