Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: painful joints  (Read 5183 times)

Joben

• First Flush
painful joints
« on: February 11, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

Hello
I am new to this site.  I'm 51 and am still having periods intermittently and they are very light.  I have suffered night sweats for about a year now.
In August of last year I started with a painful shoulder which has since been diagnosed as Bursitis (inflammation of the bursa sac in the shoulder)  I also get very painful hands sometimes.  I've been reading up about the connection between decreasing oestrogen levels and increased inflammation in the joints. 
Has anyone else suffered with this ?
I am taking numerous medications to try and make my shoulder better but nothing seems to be working.  I didn't injure it, it was just a slow degeneration really......... I'm now pretty convinced that this painful shoulder & hands may be down to my decreasing oestrogen. 

Salad

Re: painful joints
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 05:14:32 PM »

Hi Joben

You're right - Joint pains can be linked to low Oestrogen levels caused by the menopause.
If you haven't already, then it might be worth getting your Vitamin D level looked at, as that too can be linked.
I found HRT did ease my joint pains initially.

Gentle exercise might help too  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »

Did your GP suggest physiotherapy at all? Over the counter pain relief should help.  Maybe take a couple B4 exercise or gardening?  ;)

Keeping hands warm may well help too. 

Browse round!

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 06:36:29 PM »

My hand are horrible now,both my fore fingers look like they have two little balls at either side of them,they're going to go all gnarley as I age,beautiful 🤨

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »

Hello
I am new to this site.  I'm 51 and am still having periods intermittently and they are very light.  I have suffered night sweats for about a year now.
In August of last year I started with a painful shoulder which has since been diagnosed as Bursitis (inflammation of the bursa sac in the shoulder)  I also get very painful hands sometimes.  I've been reading up about the connection between decreasing oestrogen levels and increased inflammation in the joints. 
Has anyone else suffered with this ?
I am taking numerous medications to try and make my shoulder better but nothing seems to be working.  I didn't injure it, it was just a slow degeneration really......... I'm now pretty convinced that this painful shoulder & hands may be down to my decreasing oestrogen.
Hi Joben. I have some similarities to you. Only have phone with me now but wil write you a longer reply tomorrow. Have a meno appt soon and this is one of my reasons for wanting to try systemic hrt.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 06:52:30 PM »

I get painful joints.
Ankles, knees, shoulders, elbows.
Jaw, but that's too much talking my OH says.......😡

When I upped my hrt, it almost went, much, much better, still can't get my toes up to my face though, like I used to.....😩😄

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 06:54:00 PM »

Toes up to your face ............. uuuummmm - would need 'photos to believe that one  :lol:

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »

Why do you want your toes in your face?or should I not ask 😂🤣

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 06:57:14 PM »

:great:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 07:46:13 PM »

When I was younger, I could get my toes up to my face......
Thought everyone could..?.

Not anymore now.....can't seem to get my leg to bend enough, maybe too tight hamstrings...  lol

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 07:48:56 PM »

One of the stretches I do is sit on the floor,put the soles of your feet together and touch your nose to your feet,also try not to fart whilst doing so 😆
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:51:40 PM by jaypo »

jaypo

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:03 PM »

Well why wouldn't you 😆😄

JaneinPen

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:40 PM »

Welcome Joben. I too have painful joints. My hands are really sore at the moment. My GP gave me an injection for bursitis in my hip area. It does take a really long time to clear up. I hope you get some relief soon

CLKD

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 08:12:00 PM »

U can C how we meanders we does ...........

I have never been able to touch my toes with hands keeping knees locked  :-\
Anyone watch Ellie on 'the greatest dancer' - she can put her leg up along the side of her face  :o several times  :o  :o

I find that muscles ache when I begin gardening each Spring.  Pushing a hoe or welding a weeder-thingy causes my arms in particular to ache and often the small of my back .......... I can't pace myself  ::)

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 09:10:25 PM »

Thank you Countrygirl...
Thought for a minute I was a freak of some sort.....😂🤣😂
Now I know why I'm so crocked up now I'm older...😢

Pages: [1] 2