Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Newsletter

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: painful joints  (Read 871 times)

Joben

• First Flush
painful joints
« on: February 11, 2019, 04:32:17 PM »

Hello
I am new to this site.  I'm 51 and am still having periods intermittently and they are very light.  I have suffered night sweats for about a year now.
In August of last year I started with a painful shoulder which has since been diagnosed as Bursitis (inflammation of the bursa sac in the shoulder)  I also get very painful hands sometimes.  I've been reading up about the connection between decreasing oestrogen levels and increased inflammation in the joints. 
Has anyone else suffered with this ?
I am taking numerous medications to try and make my shoulder better but nothing seems to be working.  I didn't injure it, it was just a slow degeneration really......... I'm now pretty convinced that this painful shoulder & hands may be down to my decreasing oestrogen. 

Salad

Re: painful joints
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 05:14:32 PM »

Hi Joben

You're right - Joint pains can be linked to low Oestrogen levels caused by the menopause.
If you haven't already, then it might be worth getting your Vitamin D level looked at, as that too can be linked.
I found HRT did ease my joint pains initially.

Gentle exercise might help too  :)

CLKD

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 05:27:42 PM »

Did your GP suggest physiotherapy at all? Over the counter pain relief should help.  Maybe take a couple B4 exercise or gardening?  ;)

Keeping hands warm may well help too. 

Browse round!
Changes can be scarey, even when we want them!

jaypo

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 06:36:29 PM »

My hand are horrible now,both my fore fingers look like they have two little balls at either side of them,theyíre going to go all gnarley as I age,beautiful 🤨

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 06:38:40 PM »

Hello
I am new to this site.  I'm 51 and am still having periods intermittently and they are very light.  I have suffered night sweats for about a year now.
In August of last year I started with a painful shoulder which has since been diagnosed as Bursitis (inflammation of the bursa sac in the shoulder)  I also get very painful hands sometimes.  I've been reading up about the connection between decreasing oestrogen levels and increased inflammation in the joints. 
Has anyone else suffered with this ?
I am taking numerous medications to try and make my shoulder better but nothing seems to be working.  I didn't injure it, it was just a slow degeneration really......... I'm now pretty convinced that this painful shoulder & hands may be down to my decreasing oestrogen.
Hi Joben. I have some similarities to you. Only have phone with me now but wil write you a longer reply tomorrow. Have a meno appt soon and this is one of my reasons for wanting to try systemic hrt.

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 06:52:30 PM »

I get painful joints.
Ankles, knees, shoulders, elbows.
Jaw, but thatís too much talking my OH says.......😡

When I upped my hrt, it almost went, much, much better, still canít get my toes up to my face though, like I used to.....😩😄
Live love laugh.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 06:54:00 PM »

Toes up to your face ............. uuuummmm - would need 'photos to believe that one  :lol:

jaypo

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 06:54:43 PM »

Why do you want your toes in your face?or should I not ask 😂🤣

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 06:57:14 PM »

:great:

jillydoll

• Hiya
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 07:46:13 PM »

When I was younger, I could get my toes up to my face......
Thought everyone could..?.

Not anymore now.....canít seem to get my leg to bend enough, maybe too tight hamstrings...  lol
Live love laugh.

jaypo

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 07:48:56 PM »

One of the stretches I do is sit on the floor,put the soles of your feet together and touch your nose to your feet,also try not to fart whilst doing so 😆
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 07:51:40 PM by jaypo »

Countrygirl

• One day x
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »

Jaypo we used to do it in gymnastics (flats of feet on face cheeks) but no idea why as was never asked to, just that we could so we did 😂 x

jaypo

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:03 PM »

Well why wouldnít you 😆😄

Herdwick

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2019, 07:52:40 PM »

Welcome Joben. I too have painful joints. My hands are really sore at the moment. My GP gave me an injection for bursitis in my hip area. It does take a really long time to clear up. I hope you get some relief soon
Menopause from 42 - 50. Have advanced osteoarthritis making everyday tasks a challenge. Try to keep as active as possible

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2019, 08:12:00 PM »

U can C how we meanders we does ...........

I have never been able to touch my toes with hands keeping knees locked  :-\
Anyone watch Ellie on 'the greatest dancer' - she can put her leg up along the side of her face  :o several times  :o  :o

I find that muscles ache when I begin gardening each Spring.  Pushing a hoe or welding a weeder-thingy causes my arms in particular to ache and often the small of my back .......... I can't pace myself  ::)
Pages: [1] 2