Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: EPO  (Read 1332 times)

Tawny66

• First Flush
EPO
« on: April 12, 2019, 02:47:12 PM »

Hi group

I'm 53 still regular every month  :(  . Have taken Evening Primrose oil for 15yrs plus due to breast tenderness and PMS ,when I changed my milk to Soya milk my sore boobs came back ! So stopped using it . Have recently changed to Starflower oil as it contains more GLA ...so far so good . I dont have any hot flushes and have read EPO can help with them . I also believe it's been beneficial to my skin ( most people think I'm in my early 40's  ;D )  Happy to keep taken it but wondered if its prolonging the start of my menopause ?  I have no sweats or other signs apart from the last few months I've noticed aching hips and lower back pain but not all the time. The other day the pain was intense and higher up my back and period followed next day . I've always suffered with Mittelschmerz ( Ovulation Pain) would double up with dull pain for about half a day until egg released and pain disappear so I wonder if this back pain is linked.  Off to Dr's soon to get it checked

Taz2

Re: EPO
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 03:11:56 PM »

Hi Tawny66. Welcome to the forum.

EPO won't be delaying the start of your menopause although it would be good if it did as we could all be on it  :). I see you still have a regular cycle so your oestrogen level will still be high enough to keep hot flushes at bay. Although it may be a nuisance to still have periods lots of us on here will probably agree that it is good to hang on to them as long as you can as it is when periods stop that any symptoms you may be going to experience will begin to creep in. Not everyone gets hot flushes of course.

Let us know how you get on at the doctors.

Taz X  :welcomemm:

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 04:28:06 PM »

It isn't abnormal to be regular at your age, I was too. I didn't have hot flushes either. Might be worth reading the Advice for Husbands pinned Post in case there are other symptoms you hadn't associated with peri meno. I am still having periods at 58 though less regular now so you may have a few more years to go. There's a post on late meno if you're interested.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 08:04:07 PM »

EPO is what pro-cyclists take  ;) but not evening primrose oil  ::)

Glad that you don't look your age, its' great to have good looking skin.  Both Grannies had good skin ...... soft wrinkles .......... rain water to wash in ;-)