Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Watercolour Challenge Channel 5 @ 4pm daily  (Read 1277 times)

Pennyfarthing

Watercolour Challenge Channel 5 @ 4pm daily
« on: January 18, 2022, 07:13:47 PM »

Anybody else watching this?  I watched the other series several years ago (with Hannah Gordon) and now a new series has started introduced by Fern Britton.  Yesterday they were in Plymouth and today they were on Meadfoot Beach at Torquay.

It was lovely because my late Inlaws lived above that beach for many years and saw that view daily.
We had some nice holidays down there too. 

I was so pleased when today’s winner was announced as her painting was so different to all the others.  There are 20 episodes in this series and I believe next week is Yorkshire.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Watercolour Challenge Channel 5 @ 4pm daily
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 07:37:19 PM »

Oh I forgot!   Will try to get it on catch up  :thankyou:

Two hoots

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 09:34:36 PM »

I’m watching yesterdays now  :) I have no talent in art but love watching artists. Landscape artist of the year is in sky on Wednesday I’m really enjoy that as well.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 10:06:46 AM »

Really enjoying this programme again and hats off to the contestants for painting in what looks like very cold weather. I think it was filmed last Spring and although the sun was shining they are all wrapped up in big coats and hats and say their fingers are freezing.

Fern Britton seems to have put most of her weight back on again following her much talked about gastric band several years ago.  She is doing a good job introducing the show and seems genuinely interested in the painting styles.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 10:30:16 PM »

really enjoyed the Yorkshire week and it brought back happy holidays there when the kids were young.

Castle Howard was featured. My daughter and I went there about 8 years ago. It was autumn and beautifully sunny but OMG I have never been so cold in my life.  I had warm clothes on plus a lined mac and gloves and scarf but I was freezing. We went on a little wooden ride through the grounds and I was so cold I couldn’t enjoy it. A man near us  only had a thin sweatshirt on and was visibly shaking but said he wasn’t that cold! 🤣. Funny how things stick in your mind!