Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Advice on taking Utrogestan 100 please  (Read 7032 times)

Jules53

Advice on taking Utrogestan 100 please
« on: February 02, 2019, 08:26:52 AM »

Hi ladies

I have just changed from Femseven Conti (due to supply problems) to Oestrodose and Utrogestan 100. So far so good and I am feeling calmer already, I'm pleased to say! I hadn't been feeling great on Femseven for a while so, hopefully, the change has been good for me.

There is one thing that is worrying me slightly though and that is that the doctor has advised me to take 100 mg every day continually but the packet instructions say to take 200 mg  from days 15 to 26. Is it OK to take it everyday or should I have a break? I haven't had a period for 2 and a half years and I'm worried I'll have a bleed if I have a break.

I'm going to check with the pharmacist today but would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks.

Jules x

Dotty

Re: Advice on taking Utrogestan 100 please
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 08:42:26 AM »

If you are post menopause then take it every night on an empty stomach x

Jules53

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 09:13:39 AM »

Thanks Dotty. I've been taking it in the morning. Will change it tomorrow. So every night continuously?

Sorry, another question. Do you use the gel at the same time or un the morning?

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 09:19:43 AM »

Use gel in morning. Utrogestan at night on empty stomach. I take it just as I go to bed x

Jules53

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 09:27:17 AM »

Thanks very much Dotty. Will try that tomorrow. I'm only using 1 pump of the gel so far but may try 2 later on. The doctor recommended 1 or 2 pumps.

Thank you.

Dotty

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 09:38:23 AM »

I use 4 😄 pumps x

Jules53

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 12:45:23 PM »

I'm worried that the estrogen may make my anxiety worse so going slowly. Lol. May try 2 pumps tomorrow 😁. Thanks for all the advice  x

Dotty

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 12:46:34 PM »

Oestrogen should make the anxiety better. Anxiety is caused by low oestrogen. X

Jules53

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2019, 03:04:36 PM »

Thanks for the tip. Will have another dose this evening😁 X

Traceylr

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2019, 04:03:03 PM »

Hi there,
I use utrogestan 100mg continually, but I administer it vaginally. Been doing it this way for 12 months now, and its working fine. It isnt lisenced for vaginal use ( for hrt) in the uk but is in europe , but anedotally there seem to be many ladies on here who use it vaginally too, as there are less side effects and i definately benefit from taking it this way rather than orally .
Hopefully it will agree with you which ever way you take it.

Jules53

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2019, 09:18:16 AM »

Thanks Tracylr. I'll see how I go with it orally and try it vaginally if I have problems.

A question for you and Dotty if you don't mind? The first day I used one pump of Oestrodose but yesterday I added a second pump in the evening and have woken up feeling so tired this morning. Is this normal to start with?

I know it's not the Utrogestan as I have been taking it un the morning but am waiting to take it this evening so will be taking it at night. In other words the last time I took the Utrogestan was yesterday morning. Hope that makes sense! Thanks.

Jules x

Jules53

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 09:48:59 AM »

Thanks Stellajane.   Will stick with it as it's very early days and will start taking the Utrogestan in the evening.

Dotty

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2019, 11:10:42 AM »

Try not to overthink things.  You could be tired due to any number of reasons.  You are still in the very early days of taking hrt so your symptoms are probably the menopause symptoms that you would be experiencing anyway.  Don't blame every new symptom on hrt side effect....I speak from experience! x

racjen

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2019, 05:53:35 PM »

Oestrogen should make the anxiety better. Anxiety is caused by low oestrogen. X
I don't think it's quite as simple as that - anxiety can be caused by abnormally low estrogen or high estrogen, in fact I think it's more usual for low estrogen to cause depression and high estrogen to cause anxiety (which would make sense given its stimulating properties). But it differs enormously from one individual to another, and on the balance of other hormones too.

Jules53

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 01:16:08 PM »

Hi ladies

I have been posting on another thread but can't find it🙄 but it's relevant to this topic so I hope someone can help please.

I am on day 16 of Oestrogel and Utrogestan and have been having stomach discomfort when taking the Utrogestan (orally). I know it's the Utrogestan as I didn't take it on Friday night and my stomach was fine yesterday. I took it last night and my stomach is really uncomfortable today😥. It's like a tight feeling (knot) under my breastbone and a slight stomach ache. I am going to ask my doctor about using it vaginally instead tomorrow. A doctor I spoke to on Friday knew nothing about ut so she has put a call in with my doctor tomorrow.

Has anyone changed from taking it orally to using it vaginally with success? Do you use the same tablets you take orally or are they different pessaries?

Thanks in advance.

Jules x
Pages: [1] 2