Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

twitter facebook instagram blogger

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogel and Osteoporosis  (Read 655 times)

Stellajane

Re: Oestrogel and Osteoporosis
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »

I would encourage you to do that katejo. I have also taken Osteocare tablets for years along with my HRT (though I can only take half the standard dose due to the magnesium content being too much for my gut).  Forewarned is forearmed as the saying goes.

Katejo

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 04:35:26 PM »

I would encourage you to do that katejo. I have also taken Osteocare tablets for years along with my HRT (though I can only take half the standard dose due to the magnesium content being too much for my gut).  Forewarned is forearmed as the saying goes.
I have a couple of other reasons for wanting to try systemic. one is that I have had real problems with tight muscles in my calves and aching sole of feet ever since peri. I have always suspected that it was to do with low oestrogen but a GP visit got me nowhere (some time ago).

TNM45689

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2019, 08:31:21 PM »

Hi having recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis and HRT being used for its treatment, does anyone know what your estrogen levels would need to be to have any difference on OP?

Tx

Joaniepat

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2019, 08:58:53 PM »

Hi having recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis and HRT being used for its treatment, does anyone know what your estrogen levels would need to be to have any difference on OP?

Tx

I am osteopaenic and have been told the level should be 200-250 pmol/l to prevent osteoporosis.

JP x

Stellajane

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2019, 10:20:31 PM »

Are you going to be tested to find out what your levels are?

I've used 2 pumps of Oestrogel for the vast majority of the ten years I've been taking replacement oestrogen.  Different people absorb differently so its definitely worth having a test if you're offered one.

TNM45689

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 07:41:52 AM »

Thank you. I am 100 so increased patch from 50mg to 75mg to try and get my levels up.

Sarai

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 06:19:58 PM »

I wish Id been told HRT is a must around menopause. I had regular dexa scans because of my autoimmune condition but nobody explained them or the risks we run around meno.
I dropped into osteopaenia in meno and mixed with low vitamin D suffered fractures.
I wont be taking any of the drugs they offer as frankly they are poison and only make bones look more dense because they make the body hold old bone.
Under or present NHS a dexa is not offered routinely, money as usual. Now you must fit a criteria to get one. Some areas do 3 yearly some 5.
But osteoporosis is a Cinderella condition just like meno as it effects mostly ladies of a certain age.
Pages: 1 [2]