Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 'Boobs' story so far....  (Read 6697 times)

Conolly

Re: 'Boobs' story so far....
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 05:51:02 PM »

Hello KAH,

Just wondering how are you doing... :-*

Conolly X

KAH

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 03:38:39 PM »

Hello KAH,

Just wondering how are you doing... :-*

Conolly X
Hi, Thank you for thinking of me. Not good I'm afraid, this week has been the worst week of my life, I've no idea how I've got through it. I made the mistake of trying to reassure myself by looking for positive stories online.......big no no!!!! I had a problem with doing this years ago and had to force myself to stop so I knew I was asking for trouble but just wanted to hear 1 positive story, which obviously I didn't!!!! Been hysterical quite a few times but Ive spoken to the Breast Care Team a couple of times and I can honestly say they are amazing. I also have diazepam from the doctor now as the beta blockers weren't working. Trying to keep busy but my mind is off doing its own thing. Thanks again for thinking of me xx

Conolly

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 08:01:37 PM »

KAH,

My fingers are crossed for you, dear. It's great you're having support form the Breast Care Team.  :-*

Conolly X

AgathaC

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 09:47:56 PM »

When is your next appointment, KAH? Hope it is soon now.
Googling is not very helpful most of the time because we focus on the not so nice stories.
I've had to stop reading the Daily Mail Online for all the crappy gossip because there is always an awful illness story and it sets me off.
On a positive note, read a story recently about someone famous whose wife had a serious breast issue diagnosed. They decided not to do any googling and to put their faith in the doctors and just do what they were told. They just focussed on all the things in their control like sleeping and diet, etc. But they didn't look up the what ifs etc. I'm not sure that works for everyone but it did for them and she got through her treatment very successfully to an all clear status.
My husband often tells me to stop worrying about the things we can't control and just focus on the things we can.
So (I know it's easier said than done), your job is to keep calm and sleep and eat and rest and to try your very best not to worry.
Distraction, jobs, cleaning helps. Crappy television. Sort out your drawers.
Keep us posted and remember we are all wishing you well xxx

KAH

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2019, 12:45:54 PM »

When is your next appointment, KAH? Hope it is soon now.
Googling is not very helpful most of the time because we focus on the not so nice stories.
I've had to stop reading the Daily Mail Online for all the crappy gossip because there is always an awful illness story and it sets me off.
On a positive note, read a story recently about someone famous whose wife had a serious breast issue diagnosed. They decided not to do any googling and to put their faith in the doctors and just do what they were told. They just focussed on all the things in their control like sleeping and diet, etc. But they didn't look up the what ifs etc. I'm not sure that works for everyone but it did for them and she got through her treatment very successfully to an all clear status.
My husband often tells me to stop worrying about the things we can't control and just focus on the things we can.
So (I know it's easier said than done), your job is to keep calm and sleep and eat and rest and to try your very best not to worry.
Distraction, jobs, cleaning helps. Crappy television. Sort out your drawers.
Keep us posted and remember we are all wishing you well xxx
Thank you so much. Strangely I am a lot calmer today, dreading tomorrow & the results but want it to come at the same time just so I know! You're so right in everything you say, it's just hard when you're in the middle of it to remember all of those things, especially having severe health anxiety even before any of this! Thank you once again, I will keep you posted xx

jaypo

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2019, 01:16:06 PM »

Let us know kah, I wish you all the luck in the world xx

AgathaC

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »

The thing is that we all know what we are supposed to do however when you are a health anxiety sufferer, it's difficult at the best of times but completely overwhelming when actually waiting for results.
Yes, I'm sure you just want to get to tomorrow now and then you can move forward. Will be thinking of you and expecting your update xxx

AgathaC

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2019, 12:10:02 PM »

Yes, please send an update when you feel able xxxxx

KAH

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2019, 07:36:31 PM »

Hi ladies,
I'm back from the breast clinic with confirmation I have breast cancer. I was given a lot of info, none of which has been processed yet but MRI will take place this week with surgery next Thursday (Valentine's day!!!).
I'm in total shock, and also terrified that the MRI will show more than they've already seen. If I thought last week was bad, I literally have no idea how I'll get through until next Monday when I meet with my Consultant for MRI results. Just glad she's pushing everything through so quickly (due to my extreme anxiety). Thank you for all your support throughout the last week x

AgathaC

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2019, 07:52:29 PM »

I was waiting and hoping you'd let us know how you got on but obviously wanted different news.
It is as you suspected which is upsetting but now you know what it is and you have a plan for the next week or so.
MRI, Surgery, Recovery.
I wish I could give you a big hug in person but I'm sending lots of virtual love.
Keep posting every day if you feel like it and we'll be here to listen and reply xxxxx

jaypo

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2019, 07:54:29 PM »

Oh kah I'm so so sorry, I kept checking to see if you'd post,hoping hoping it would be good news.
Caught early though,you know it's a very good recovery?ive known many people who've had breast cancer and gone on to live cancer free for years and years.sending much love 💖

AgathaC

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2019, 08:23:19 PM »

Yes, Jaypo, you are right. My sister was 37 and is now 51. My aunt was 56 and is now 74.
KAH - leave the googling if you can and just absorb the positive stories we are sending your way.
xxxxxx

jaypo

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2019, 08:30:17 PM »

I think it's a very curable cancer nowadays,my mum lived for another 35 years after her diagnosis as did her mum and we've come on a great deal since then too

KAH

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2019, 08:45:23 PM »

Thank you ladies. The Consultant was positive about the outlook but of course nothings certain and it's just that fear that Ive had for the past 2 years since my boob changed thats worrying me. Worried the MRI will confirm my fear that something's been wrong that whole time.
Explained my worries with Consultant and she said I would have had further obvious changes if I'd had untreated cancer for 2 yrs+ but you hear so many stories that say otherwise. Will try to remain positive but it's going to be a struggle xxx

Conolly

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2019, 09:16:43 PM »

Dear KAH,

Your consultant is right and so are the ladies who have given you examples of total recovery.

We're all thinking of you and sending positive vibes. There are many brilliant women on this forum who are breast cancer survivors. You will fight this thing and come back stronger.

Huge Hug, 💕🤗

Conolly X
Pages: 1 [2]