Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Please can you help, advice needed x  (Read 958 times)

Countrygirl

Please can you help, advice needed x
« on: January 16, 2019, 10:01:34 AM »

Hi ive just started on my journey but am having a problem and don't know what to do about it.

I had a new mirena last week as was due for a new one and was put on Evorel 25 for the first time due to very low moods (crying, busy brain, wanting to not be here), extreme anxiety (that I could not deal with even though ive had it 30 years), breakthrough bleeding, acne, not sleeping, extreme exhaustion and probably a few more things I haven't yet linked to falling hormones.

The thing is im due to put my second patch on today but have started to suffer with burning when weeing and irritation the rest of the time, im not sure what to do and if it means the type of hrt is not suitable for me or its just one of those things that will settle down.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Please can you help, advice needed x
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 03:47:03 PM »

It could be a completely separate issue, i.e. vaginal atrophy.  This condition is due to the body drying as oestrogen levels drop; inside and out! so appropriate treatment down there is essential. 

VA mimics urine infection-type symptoms really well!  Ring your surgery and ask for Vagifem or Ovestin, offering a urine sample to be sent to a Lab.  A dip test in the surgery doesn't show if there is infection!

Countrygirl

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 06:01:12 PM »

Thank you CLKD, ive been given some Vagifem to use nightly for 2  weeks so hopefully will get some relief soon.

Thanks to the wealth of knowledge on this site im starting to feel hopeful and not so scared of the unknown for the first time in quite a while x
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 11:26:55 AM by Countrygirl »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 08:03:53 PM »

I find that taking a pain relief is helpful when symptoms flare up - you may find that you require more Vagifem than is prescribed.  Originally it was made in 25 doses but now is 10 so some find that they need two doses occasionally as well as maybe needing to use it every night.  I use Ovestin which is delivered by applicator and works for me.